Performs a variety of functions to provide high quality nutritional care to patients from infants to adults. Responsible for handling the day-to-day nutrition care for patients in support of the dietitian. Participates in patient screening, assessments, calorie counts, documentation into the medical record, education, menu development, and various other projects as needed. Supports the mission and vision of Phoenix Children`s Hospital.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Screens patients for nutritional risk by gathering data to establish nutrition status criteria in accordance with established age specific standards for growth and development.
- Calculates nutrient intakes on calorie counts; documents findings to patient`s medical record to ensure timely availability for coordination of care plan.
- Clarifies diet and nourishment prescriptions with the registered dietitian or medical team.
- Works closely with patients and families to provide optimal nutrition, including creating customized menus, according to age, development, allergies, medical condition and individual needs and preferences.
- Under supervision of Registered Dietitian, performs limited nutritional assessment of patients; formulates nutrition care plan.
- Performs basic diet and individualized nutrition program education to patients and families to ensure thorough understanding of program.
- Works cooperatively with own and other departments to continuously improve the quality of services provided.
- Actively participates in staff and team meetings; assists in decision making to ensure complete and appropriate information is shared among/between patient care team.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service and adapts to unanticipated requests.
- Treats all information and data within the scope of the position with appropriate confidentiality and security.
- Maintains a working knowledge of technical terminologies and classifications as appropriate for the proper completion of job duties.
- Follow policies and procedures outlined for the hospital and department.
- Participates in a variety of department based and hospital sponsored educational programs to maintain skills and competencies.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.