Posting Note: As a Business Operations Analyst for PCCN, you will work with a team of 16 clinical and administrative professionals using your analytical, research, and communications skills to support operations and clinical programs through complex data analysis, formulation of key performance reports and financial distributions to Phoenix Children’s Care Network’s provider membership. In this position, and in partnership with network leadership, you will be accountable for analyzing and deciphering data for positive outcomes to grow our clinically integrated networks and support internal and external stakeholders through the distribution of information and reports. This role requires a familiarity of HEDIS measures, development of KPI dashboards, the utilization of basic project management skills, and being solution-oriented. Location: Remote Temporarily-Must live in the metro area to attend meetings as needed. Address: 3200 East Camelback Road, Phoenix, AZ Requirements: A Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field; previous experience dissecting complex needs, utilizing Excel and Access, and providing solutions. Five or more years of experience in a business or healthcare-related field. Must have basic project management skills. Finance fundamentals, a good understanding of HEDIS and using Power BI are preferred.
The Business Operations Analyst - PCCN is responsible for planning, executing, finalizing and delivering reports related to new and existing projects supporting PCCN's Clinically Integrated Network. This includes setting milestones and coordinating efforts between operations, clinical and technology teams, in order to effectively and efficiently deliver projects according to plan. This position works with internal and external stakeholders to add structure to completing complex, project-based analytics. The Business Operations Analyst - PCCN assists in the development of communications, proposals, reports, spreadsheets, policies, standard operating procedures, and presentations. The Business Operations Analyst - PCCN also performs financial and population health reporting of health care data using spreadsheets, PowerPoint and other visualization tools (such as MapQuest, Power BI and/or Tableau). The Business Operations Analyst - PCCN manages PCCNs provider rosters and their distribution to external stakeholders and payers.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Manages the process for creating business solutions for internal and external clients.
- Defines the scope of the project in collaboration with management. Creates a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project. Determines, with management, the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion. Assists in tracking all projects through PCCNs tracking system. Reviews the project schedule and progress with PCCNs Manager of Payer Operations, senior management, and any staff affected by the project activities. Ensures that project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality. Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies potential crises, and develops contingency plans.
Maintains and analyses operational and business data
- Proactively identifies data anomalies and trends observed in summarized business and financial data; independently benchmarks data from different sources to determine market indicators for operational financial and quality metrics; and develops core department deliverables and ad-hoc analysis. Understands the reasons and impacts of data anomalies, exceptions, and changes in benchmarks on desired analytics in order to explain these issues to senior staff or project lead.
Serve as customer's primary point of analytic contact.
- Meets customers' basic needs directly or by seeking support from the data analytics team, while assuming final responsibility for the result. Assists in troubleshooting issues with the provider clinics, vendors, payers, internal, and external clients.
Effectively communicates relevant project information and status updates to internal and external stakeholders.
- Develops and delivers progress reports, requirements documentation, and presentations. Creates graphs, analytics, maps and presentation slides. Establishes a communication schedule for stakeholders on the progress of projects. Owns the communication and execution of deliverables.
Support quality improvement activities for strategic initiatives.
- Serves as a business resource for one or more initiative-based teams. Works with initiative-based teams to understand, document, and respond to data requests in order to meet project reporting and analytic needs.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.