Posting Note: The Allergy and Immunology Clinic at Phoenix Children’s is seeking an Allergist/Immunologist to join our team of professionals. The candidate will join 6 other providers (4 physicians and 2 physician assistant’s) at Phoenix Children’s and its satellites. We currently see patients in East Valley and Southwest Valley locations with plans to grow in the Northwest Valley. With the sizable population of Phoenix, Arizona, the practice is busy and growing. The patient population is varied, ranging from common allergic disorders to complex cases in both allergy and primary immunodeficiency. Our providers participate in several multi-disciplinary clinics (eosinophilic gastrointestinal disorders, skin disorders, asthma, and primary immunodeficiency), allowing for coordination of care with other specialists. Education is an important aspect of the position as the clinic participates in training rotating pediatric residents. Also, Phoenix Children's has partnered with Mayo Clinic Arizona for a combined Allergy/Immunology fellowship. Physicians will have clinics with the fellows as well as regular interaction with the Allergists/Immunologists at Mayo Clinic through Allergy/Immunology Grand Rounds, Case Conference and Journal Club. Physicians have academic faculty appointments through the Mayo Clinic School of Medicine, University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix and Creighton University School of Medicine. Finally, the clinic is actively involved in clinical and translational research in food allergy, eosinophilic gastrointestinal disorders, asthma, and more. Prospective candidates should have an interest in participating in research efforts. Minimum Qualifications: • M.D. or D.O. degree • Board certified in Internal Medicine and/or Pediatrics • Board certified or Board eligible in Allergy/Immunology
The staff physician shall provide patient care services and will support the PCH mission of providing hope, healing and the best health care for children and their families.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Patient Care Services
- 1)Provide patient care services for which he/she is clinically privileged, including but not limited to:
- a)Provide direct patient care services on an inpatient and outpatient basis
- b)Provide subspecialty consultations and follow-up.
- c)Provide diagnostic and therapeutic services/procedures
- d)Provide these services for urgent/ emergent care as necessary
- 2)Strive to achieve the best patient and family centered care
- 3)Support Hospital’s patient satisfaction goals as well as division’s specific targets
- 4)Support and adhere to divisional patient safety and quality of care standards
- 5)Practices Contemporary Evidence based medicine or latest experience based medicine
- 1)Establish and demonstrate effort to achieve annual physician goals and objectives (e.g. individual, division, hospital)
- 2)Support the medical education programs and activities of the Division, including but not limited to:
- a)Provide direct supervision of trainees and allied health care professionals for the delivery of inpatient and outpatient services when applicable
- b)Conduct teaching rounds, lectures and conference for trainees
- c)Participate in the teaching and supervision of trainees and allied health care professionals assigned to the division
- d)Participate in the postgraduate continuing educational activities of the division
- 3)Support the research endeavors of the division including the research initiatives by other members of the division
- 4)Support programmatic growth of division
- 5)Support satellite efforts of division when appropriate
- 1)Treat colleagues, PCH employees and customers with courtesy, dignity and respect
- 2)Promote safe, cooperative and professional health care environment
- 3)Support PCH mission, vision and values, including family centered care, excellence in clinical care, leadership, collaboration, and accountability
- 1)Physician shall support the Division Chief in his/her role as liaison to the professional community and general public as requested by the Division Chief
- 2)Physician may conduct teaching rounds or conferences outside of PCH, particularly if these activities support divisional clinical and teaching programs/ initiatives.
- 3)Physician shall represent PCH in the medical and business communities and before the general public in a professional manner
- 4)The following physical and mental skills are essential to the physician’s ability to successfully perform the foregoing duties and responsibilities:
- a)The ability to communicate by telephone, computer or other communication devices
- b)The ability to perform after hours or night call responsibilities as needed
- c)The ability to work regularly scheduled work hours
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.