Posting Note: Are you the type of nurse who likes to spend time educating your patients/caregivers on how to care for themselves after they leave the hospital? Do you thrive in sharing your knowledge with fellow team members? Do you take the lead during team meetings to share with others the latest techniques, processes or procedures? Then we have the position for you!! PCH is looking for a Clinical Education Specialist. Ideal candidate will have a strong OR background, specifically in PreOp/PACU, 2-3 years of OR Circulating Experience. In this role, you will be providing training for all new hires, annually review all staff competencies, provide monthly education training at staff meetings; Incumbent will develop very strong relationships with department managers and supervisors to identify and hire candidates for the semi-annual Periop 101 program. The successful candidate will be a self starter, who is able to understand the goals of the department, take the initiative to execute the plans with little direction. Incumbent will work with vendors to coordinate the presentation of new procedures, trials, technologies, etc that will impact the service lines. This role will work closely with the leaders of the Aerodigestive OR, as well as across organizational lines to determine the training needs, frequency and implementation of all current and future training needs. Incumbent will support the onsite inpatient/outpatient surgery centers at the main location, as well as east valley.
This position develops, implements, and evaluates proactive educational plans and programs to address staff and departmental needs to ensure ongoing enhancement and improvement of staff skills, competencies, and professional growth in accordance with established standards, requirements, and regulations.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Collaborates with colleagues within the educational department to support the departmental strategic plan and ongoing institutional growth.
- Collaborates with other disciplines and departments as a change agent and participates in the evaluation of outcomes.
- Engages in ongoing organizational endeavors which support the philosophy and values of Phoenix Children's Hospital and nursing and the professional development of staff.
- Participates in dissemination of knowledge via podium, poster presentations, publication submission, and/or other forms of scholarly information exchange.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates learning opportunities based on evidence using a variety of teaching strategies.
- Role-models, mentors, and promotes professional growth within the department, hospitalwide and/or within the community.
- Seeks and takes advantage of opportunities to enhance own professional growth and development.
- Supports others in Evidence-Based Practice/Research Projects from initial planning through presentations or publications.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.