Posting Note: Join our outpatient clinic team as a medical receptionist with Phoenix Children's! You will be part of a 12 member team that includes Pediatricians, Nurses, Medical Assistants, and Patient Access Representatives working together to provide the best possible service to children and their parents. If you enjoy interacting with kids, parents, and health care providers, coordinating care, troubleshooting issues via phone or on-site, and take pride in providing exceptional customer service, we would like to hear from you. Your administrative, receptionist, and customer service skills will be utilized to meet our company's mission: to provide hope, healing, and the best healthcare for children and their families. Schedule: M-F 6:30 -3:30 or 7:30 - 4:30 Location: 1790 East Boston Street, Suite 101, Gilbert, AZ 85295 Requirements: · High school diploma or equivalent. · Customer service experience in health care or retail environment. · Knowledge of Medical Terminology and an understanding of HIPAA privacy laws. Effective verbal and written communication skills, professional demeanor, team player with a customer-focused attitude.
The Patient Access Representative performs efficient and orderly registration of all patients. Acts as primary liaison for patients receiving professional and clinical services at Phoenix Children's Primary Care location. Prepares admission forms, obtains necessary documentation and signatures, and confirms demographic information when the patient and/or guarantor present for services. Collects co-pay and deductible amounts at time of service.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Accurately documents all information in the appropriate fields and/or account notes. Maintains accuracy when entering demographic and insurance information in the system.
- Arrives patients who present for professional and hospital services that have been pre-registered and collect co-pay and deductible amounts. Obtains all necessary signatures from the Guarantor at the time of registration or arrival.
- Courteously answers the telephone and answers all questions in a timely manner
- Identifies and refers uninsured and underinsured patients to the Financial Counselor or similar appropriate representative as necessary.
- Inquires patient account system(s) to identify any previous unpaid liability in AMPFM/Misys or similar database.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with patients/guarantors, insurance companies, government entities, clinical personnel, co-workers and management to promote teamwork, cooperation and a positive public image for PCH and Phoenix Children's Primary Care.
- Organizes, prioritizes, and monitors daily work activity to ensure that complete, accurate, and compliant registration has been performed in a timely manner.
- Participates in a variety of unit and hospital educational programs to maintain current skill and competency levels
- Performs registration in appropriate HIS system, verifies insurance coverage, obtains authorization for patients who present for professional and hospital services and have not been pre-registered.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.