Posting Note: The incumbent must have the following qualifications: BSN 3+ years of clinical practice/leadership experience 2+ years of Bone marrow transplant experience. This position will work coordinate care between doctors appointments, patients/families and treatment. Experience in providing patient education will be an important part of this role. This is a M - F position, no weekends/holidays.
This position is responsible for coordinating all aspects of the Bone Marrow transplant (BMT) program and the Survivor Management Program involving patients, outside entities and the interdisciplinary BMT team. This position collaborates with the interdisciplinary team, patients, and various outside entities in order to obtain information, documentation, and data required prior to patients presenting to the BMT team for consideration and evaluation as a possible candidate for Bone Marrow Transplant.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Direct Patient Care
- Delivery of direct patient care and supervises nursing care provided by assistive personnel.
- Collaborates with nurse education specialists and nurse managers to provide information to the nursing staff.
- Assesses data reflective of the patients status and appropriately interprets information relative to the patients age-specific needs.
Manages patient and program information
- Compiles, obtains, and manages records, referrals.
- Inputs life-long chemotherapy and radiation calculations to determine future risk and follow-up requirements.
- Monitors and manages in coming and out going information for both the Transplant and Survivor Programs.
- Enters data and maintains patient information and results.
Maintains and obtains as appropriate, data required for insurance, research, and other program contracts including relevant consents.
- Enters evaluations results and other data into various data systems with continual maintenance of patient information.
- Obtains consents.
- Works closely with BMT financial entities and insurance. companies obtaining authorizations, verifying standard of care charges vs. research/study charges.
Facilitates effective and efficient patient flow through all phases of treatment.
- Communicates all appointments with the PCH multidisciplinary team and primary care physician.
- Facilitates plan of care, patient education for both the transplant and survivor program.
- Assesses and plans in collaboration with the patient, significant other and interdisciplinary health care
- team to meet educational and pre-transplant needs.
- Manages appointments, admission orders, upcoming yearly follow-up visits, HLA typing, various tests, pre and post transplant work-ups.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.