Phoenix Children’s Pediatrics (PCP) Physician Leads help drive and support PCP’s clinical leadership with initiatives and standardizations necessary to optimize patient care delivery in the community pediatric primary care setting. While in this role, Physician shall continue to provide the patient care services for which he/she is clinically privileged. Physician shall also assist with the administration and coordination of all section activities
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Physician shall provide patient care services as assigned by the section’s clinical leadership to which Physician is assigned, including but not limited to:
- Direct patient care services on an outpatient basis.
- Diagnostic and therapeutic services/procedures.
Physician shall assist with sectional administrative duties as assigned by the section’s clinical leadership, including but not limited to:
- Assisting with the supervision of Sectional staff.
- Assisting with the professional and fiscal management of the Section.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure Sectional compliance with all external regulatory agencies including, but not limited to the Arizona Department of Health Services and AHCCCS.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of Sectional policies and procedures to ensure that clinical resources are utilized efficiently and in accordance with responsible clinical and fiscal management principles.
- Assisting with the development, implementation and evaluation of policies, procedures, and standards of care for the Section to ensure quality patient care delivery.
- Development and management of programs, projects, etc. under the supervision of the Section’s clinical leadership or designee.
Physician shall support the PCP outpatient clinic location to which they are assigned by the following activities which include but are not limited to:
- Completing physician and APP annual performance reviews for providers at the same outpatient clinic location.
- Assisting with chart audits to identify clinical, financial and/or documentation improvement opportunities.
- Managing providers through availability for any questions/concerns.
- Providing availability to management and clinical leadership for any quality, performance or professionalism concerns regarding another provider.
- Representing the outpatient clinic location in the Governance Structure for the Community Pediatrics Section.
- Participating in monthly electronic medical record meeting or the like.
- Participating in monthly Business Affairs meeting or the like.
- Onboard new providers to the Lead Physician’s clinic.
- Administrating and providing appropriate attending on-call coverage for the clinic.
- Providing availability to the office manager for any concerns, questions.
- 11. Development, monitoring and implementation of annual quality goals for the outpatient clinic location.
- 12. In conjunction with the Office Manager, development, monitoring and implementation of annual practice goal for the outpatient clinic location.
- 13. In conjunction with the Office Manager, manage external complaints and keep Medical Director or Section Chief abreast of such complaints.
- Physician shall participate in the development and implementation of protocols consistent with applicable institutional standards and guidelines.
- Physician shall support the Chief/Medical Director in his/her role as liaison to the private practice community, PCH’s referral sources and the general public.
- Physician shall represent PCH in the medical and business communities and before the general public in a professional manner.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.