Posting Note: Phoenix Children’s is searching for a highly qualified Allscripts Architect who has extensive background in Allscripts application management. Preferably someone who has served as an Architect for another Allscripts organization or in a Sr. Analyst role. The individual must show a passion for serving in this highly visible role within PCH IT and have excellent organization and communication skills.
The Enterprise Allscripts System Architect provides primary application expertise for the Allscripts Sunrise application(s), through the effective installation, configuration, operation and maintenance of application software and technical infrastructures. This position provides leadership in projects and problem resolution for system(s) by ensuring that system hardware, software and related procedures adhere to organizational values. This position is responsible for systems that cross multiple business functions (e.g., clinical, radiology, pharmacy, registration and scheduling) and acts as the primary subject matter expert for the technical aspects of the Allscripts Sunrise System. The role requires broad knowledge for how our surrounding systems integrate with our Allscripts EHR.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Provides primary application expertise for the Allscripts Sunrise Applications used by PCH
- Takes a lead role in installing new Sunrise applications
- Takes a subject matter expert role in configuring Sunrise Applications
- Providers guidance and input into the effective and reliable operation and support of the Sunrise Applications used by PCH
- May lead the deployment of new modules, upgrades, fixes and new installations.
- Provides leadership in complex problem resolution with new and existing Sunrise application modules
- Leads the development of test plans, including robust test cases from application/technical support perspective
- Provides education and mentorship for non-clinical areas of PCH implementing Sunrise modules while leveraging other IT Teams to achieve outcomes.
- Keeps commitments
- Participates and leads implementation projects by completing all assigned project tasks
- Effectively participates in department meetings/initiatives.
- Guides and mentors other team members by answering questions and providing ad hoc help.
- Acknowledges and assumes responsibility for actions, decisions, configurations, and implementations.
- Applies varying leadership skills and traits that create solutions and results to unexpected situations.
- Confirms understanding of project needs and personal assignments
- Communicates progress on application updates, packet installs and any Allscripts system related concerns.
- Escalates to Clinical and Business IT leaders when necessary.
- Identifies needs and participates in process improvement initiatives (e.G., rounding, committees). Takes a problem, knowledge of workflow and designs a best-practice solution for the end users and supports strategic direction of the organization and support all Sunrise Application workflows.
- Works well under pressure, takes direction, works well individually and within a team.
- Identifies needs, constraints, priorities of assigned work and organizes time efficiently
- Is curious and seeks out new learning opportunities or solutions and effectively applies them in their current role.
- Takes a leadership role in resolution of system issues.
- Maintains knowledge of application services, application integration and architecture patterns.
Consistently demonstrates a collaborative communication style
- Oral and written communication is clear and concise
- Maintains a pleasant and caring attitude.
- Represents IT positively to other parts of the organization.
- Is open to new ideas.
- Demonstrates active listening skills
- Communicates technical information and ideas in ways that others will understand.
- Works closely with the vendor and maintains effective vendor relationships.
- Acts as key adviser for applications that span across multiple business and discipline units.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.