Posting Note: This candidate will need to be able to work one day a week 7a-730pm and every third weekend 7a-730pm. Weekend shift will receive a $2.50 shift differential.
The Patient Placement Representative supports the timely and accurate intake, registration and throughput of patients ensuring the collection and verification of all required information for admitted patients.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Accurately documents all information in the appropriate fields and/or system.
- Maintains accuracy when entering demographic and insurance information in the system.
- Accurately completes all status changes in appropriate system.
- Facilitates daily census reconciliation.
- Monitor and update Bed Tracker system.
- Creates pre-admission accounts for all unscheduled incoming patients.
Accurately completes insurance and authorization verification as appropriate.
- Identifies and refers uninsured and under insured patients to a financial counselor.
- Completes insurance notification within 24 hours of patient admission.
- Performs benefit verification for all direct and transfer admissions.
Assists Patient Placement Coordinator in a variety of patient placement duties as appropriate.
- Coordinates bed ahead plan with Clinical Supervisor.
- Coordinates delivery of appropriate bed to patient room.
- Assigns beds for unit to unit transfers and admissions as pre-determined by Patient Placement Coordinator.
- Maintains accuracy of bed board.
Maintains a positive, professional work relationship with patients/guarantors and all internal and external customers to promote teamwork, cooperation and a positive public image for PCH.
- Courteously answers the telephone and answers all questions in a timely manner.
- Participates in a variety of unit and hospital educational programs to maintain current skill and competency levels.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.