This position manages the operation of all inpatient rehabilitation services which includes physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy. Administrative responsibilities include assurance of proper functioning of the department through appropriate leadership, management, and development of inpatient therapy services and programs. Responsible for overseeing and implementing existing and new programs and the development of clinical supervisors. This position must demonstrate a commitment to providing high quality patient care and service through positive leadership and total quality management. This position reports directly to the Director of Rehabilitation and assists the Director with the ongoing fiscal management, compliance of daily operations, state and federal practice guidelines and accrediting organizations.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Actively leads daily inpatient acute and rehabilitation program operations and maintains departmental operational, compliance and quality programs related to patient care, equipment, staffing, and billing.
- Maintains incident reports.
- Insures department is in compliance with Joint Commission, federal and state, CMS and hospital requirements.
- Supports and assures documentation is timely and accurate.
- Timely evaluations and consults according to hospital, state and federal policy.
Responsible for overall human resource management of their direct reports including hiring, training, evaluating, disciplining, and recommending termination.
- Is responsible for the proper orientation, training and development of all personnel in the inpatient department.
- Follows hospital policies and procedures.
Provides clinical leadership and management of the inpatient rehab department/program.
- Supports the admission and discharge process of internal and external rehab admissions.
- Works closely to with the PMR chief and physicians to ensure all therapy clinical standards are met.
- Provides education programs both internally and externally about our rehab program.
- Monitors WeeFIM outcome data.
Establishes and maintains positive and professional relationships with medical and hospital staff, peers and supervisors.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and encourages a positive attitude in employees.
- Follows hospital policy and procedures.
- Makes effective use of time.
Fiscal accountability for the inpatient rehabilitation services.
- Is responsible for the effective and efficient use of departmental personnel.
- Is responsible for departmental productivity standards.
- Consistently operates within the departmental budget.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.