Posting Note: As an independently licensed therapist (LCSW, LPC, LMFT) you will partner with ASU to manage the fellowship program at our hospital. This is an exciting opportunity to utilize your creativity and business acumen to ensure the success of the fellowship program that provides clinical supervision for LMSWs working towards obtaining their clinical hours/training to fulfill Board requirements to obtain their LCSW. You will also be responsible for managing independently licensed therapists in the organization who are providing therapy for patients both inpatient and outpatient . If you have previous experience with program development, have solid experience as a therapist (including the billing process) and strong administrative skills in managing, you are the candidate that we are seeking to fill this position. Location: 1919 East Thomas Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85016 Schedule: M-F 8:00 -5:00 Requirements: *Current AZ license conferred by the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW); Licensed Professional (LPC) Counselor; and/or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT). * *Four years supervisory experience that demonstrates increasing management responsibility *Three years of managing/billing/administrative experience in counseling/therapy *Pediatric experience required *Previous experience publishing articles preferred but not required
This position is responsible for development and implementation of a clinical fellowship program in consultation with Arizona State University and their designated leadership. This position provides operational and clinical supervision of independent therapists through coaching, mentoring, evaluation of productivity standards, and managing adherence to PCH policies and practices. The Manager oversees daily operations of the clinical fellowship and mental health program, identifies areas for program improvement, is responsible for meeting overall Department goals, and can maintain a patient caseload. The Manager is responsible for collaborating with ASU on possible program research goals as it relates to the fellowship program, and seeks opportunities to publish results in appropriate journals and forums. This position reports to Director, Case Management and Social Services, and supervises independent therapists and support staff.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Provides leadership in the development and implementation of an intern and fellowship program that provides didactic training and clinical supervision for up to 16 fellows per year in collaboration with ASU and monitors program for effective development of therapeutic skills by the fellows.
- Collaborates with ASU on identification and implementation of research/evaluation activities within the fellowship program that can be published and/or be used to improve mental health practice.
- Provides supervision for mental health therapists and serves as a central point of contact for mental health therapy program both internally and externally, including effective communication with various hospital departments and external community partners to achieve problem resolution or process improvement.
- Coordinates credentialing process with Division Chief, Psychiatry and collaborates to ensure effective functioning of mental health therapy program across the organization.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement in quality of care, including improved adherence to professional, regulatory or governmental standards. Works in collaboration with Department management, Division Chief of Psychiatry and others to delineate any necessary improvement plans.
- Develops and monitors internal management reporting, and collaborates with coding and scheduling to ensure efficient administrative processes.
- Evaluates overall productivity and consistency of practice to identify quality improvement opportunities, training opportunities, or individual performance plans.
- Participates in the development of departmental policies, procedures , planning and overall growth.
- Identifies and communicates changes to employees in the Department.
Supports Human Resource processes
- Participates in the selection process and makes hiring decisions with the Department Director. Has the authority to hire, terminate, advance, promote in coordination with the Department Director and Human Resources.
- Supports, coaches and mentors employees through goal setting, training and performance feedback.
- Assesses staff competencies and provides necessary training to improve practice.
- Completes performance evaluations for employees who report to the Manager.
- Handles employee complaints/grievances, including employee discipline, in collaboration with the Department Director and Human Resources.
- Identifies trends and performance improvement opportunities.
- Coordinates training based on identified need.
Coordination of Care
- Facilitates removal of barriers that delay access to mental health care for patients and families.
- Implements effective collaboration with other mental health disciplines, e.g. psychiatry and psychology, to remove duplication and effectively utilize internal resources for patients and families.
- Establishes collaborative relationships with physicians, medical directors, nurses, other unit staff, HRC management, payors and community partners as it relates to the mental health therapy program.
- Demonstrates strong, consistent communication. Serves as central point of information for the mental health therapy program.
- Collaborates with risk management to identify and evaluate patient and family complaints to ensure ongoing effectiveness in meeting mental health needs of patients and families.
Provides Excellent Customer Service
- Coordinates complaints/grievances from patients and families, in collaboration with risk management or other internal departments.
- Mentors internal members of the health care team on mental health questions and issues.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with all internal and external customers.
- Maintains professional competency by regularly participating in a variety of education programs and in-services, reviewing relevant professional publications, participating in community based committees related to mental health, and/or participating in professional societies to ensure ongoing awareness of current methodologies, practices and philosophies as applied to the patient care population.
- Maintains independent licensure
- Maintains current knowledge of community and other resource networks for the benefit of patients and families and assists in connecting families to additional mental health resources, as necessary.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.