The resident physician is both a learner and a provider of medical care. The term 'resident' in this job description refers to both specialty residents and subspecialty fellows. This is achieved by involving the resident physician in caring for patients under the supervision of the attending physicians. As a resident's experience and competency increases, supervision will be appropriately modified.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Admit and discharge patients
- Write orders
- Prescribe medications
- Complete histories and physicals
- Assess patients for seclusion and restraints
- Assess patients for and administer procedural sedation
- Examine patients in clinics
- Perform procedures
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.