Posting Note: Join the Development Operations team at Phoenix Children’s Hospital Foundation! We support the essential functions of Foundation staff who are passionate about Phoenix Children’s Hospital’s mission of providing hope, healing, and the best healthcare to children and their families. As an Administrative Assistant, you will provide support for the Development Operations and Decision Support teams. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, has a great attention to detail, is self-motivated, and possesses strong customer service skills. Key functions: •Opens, sorts, and copies gifts and gift documentation received in the mail and prepares bank deposits for cash and check gifts. •Assists with processing quick, accurate, and timely offline and online gift entry into the Raiser’s Edge database following department gift coding guidelines. •Merges and prints timely donor acknowledgement letters and tax receipts. •Answers phone calls from donors received through the Foundation’s general number and responds to donor e-mails. •Collects, updates, and maintains key constituent data in the database such as address, phone, and e-mail information, obituaries, and other biographical information and assists with routine database cleanup projects as needed. •Orders and takes stock of supplies for Development Operations. •Covers the Front Office Receptionist’s Desk in the Receptionist’s absence. •Handles onboarding of new Development Operations/Decision Support staff. •Performs other duties as assigned.
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support and organization to department directors. The Administrative Assistant also performs a variety of administrative support functions for a department to provide for efficient, effective and customer service-focused operations.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Assists in tracking and updating annual operational budget. Prepares, codes and tracks requests for payments to ensure proper accounting of funds in accordance with budget. Maintains inventory levels of standard office supplies and materials, initiating requests, as appropriate.
- Assists visitors, patients, families and others with hospital related inquiries/concerns; refers to appropriate resource or authority, as necessary.
- Composes correspondence and independently generates other communications, including, but not limited to, e-mails, newsletters, reports, mailings, flyers and brochures through effective use of appropriate software application and/or media.
- Maintains confidential departmental employee files and records to ensure consistently current and accurate documentation.
- Prepares agendas and minutes of a variety of meetings, creates and maintains current calendar of meetings and notifies participants of changes to ensure timely communication.
- Provides administrative support to the department and coordinates and organizes office workflow and communications, including phone management, e-mail correspondence, file maintenance and standard mail collection/distribution to provide for optimum efficiency.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.