The Sr Cash Application Specialist supports the Supervisor of Billing and Cash Posting by monitoring the daily processing and posting of all cash and A/R transactions to ensure maximum efficiency and accuracy of accounts receivable balances. This position performs daily audits of electronic deposits, paper checks, credit card payments and unidentified payments. This position ensures that work is in compliance with all cash related procedures and financial control policies set by the finance department.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Responsible for daily audit of all cash transactions
- Reviews, processes, and applies all daily cash receipts, non-cash transactions, A/R adjustments, denial posting, write-offs, and refunds. Balances cash posted against bank deposit report daily. Ensures team members scan all remits and denials to KidScan for uploading to the patient’s electronic record in ChartMaxx at the time of posting. Assists supervisor with month-end reporting of cash. Identifies and recommends process improvements to facilitate efficient and effective cash applications. Monitors daily cash transfer process between PCMG and PCH to ensure funds are posted to the correct location. Monitors daily e-mail box and address inquiries.
Researches and posts all unidentified payments
- Reviews liability accounts daily and performs intensive research to identify the accounts associated with the unidentified cash. Educates team members on findings to reduce liability account posting. Reports unresolved liability accounts to management on a weekly basis.
Reconciles unidentified and misapplied cash on a daily and monthly basis
- Reviews all payments to ensure accuracy based on contracted fee schedules. Notifies management of unusual inaccuracies/trends in payments by third party payers. Completes daily and monthly cash reconciliation report and reports variances to management.
Review and resolve credit balances
- Receives and reviews daily credit balance report and works with team members to process refunds when applicable. Initiates refunds on credit balances and forwards to the appropriate manager for signature approval. Ensures team members scan all refund support documentation to the patient’s electronic record in ChartMaxx.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.