Under the direction of the Manager, the Supervisor, PCMG Patient Access is responsible for the operations of main campus and satellite activities of PCMG Patient Access Registration departments seven days a week, 365 days a year. This position supervises registration activities for a large span of control to including approximately 27 sub-specialities, 5-10 locations and over 350 physicians requiring over 50% travel.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Organizes and coordinates day-to-day development of registration staff at all locations(Main Campus, East Valley, Avondale, Mercy Gilbert, NWV, SWV, Cardiology Locations, etc.) for timely training, development and performance of employees.
- Training of staff requires coordination with main campus and satellite departments to maintain site specific protocols for regulatory and operational compliance.
Responsible for the development, facilitation and maintenance of key customer relationships with clinics/urgent cares and their staff related to daily registration activities.
- Ensures timely registration, compliance to process and monitoring of KPI's for improvement.
Supervises use of resources to maximize service to patients/customers and ensures accurate gathering /capturing of demographic and financial information required to support timely and accurate adjudication of 3rd party and patient accounts.
- Serves as a technical resource to staff to ensure quality customer service, timely and accurate performance of scheduling, registration and verification of accounts.
Must have a through knowledge of overall patient access operations to include the direct admission process, pre-admission, inpatient admission, insurance verification, scheduling, registration, financial counseling and understanding of the billing process.
- Posses a higher level of understanding to assist users with registration, interpretation of benefits, scheduling guidelines, registration protocols, billing and collections.
Participates in a variety of departmental and hospital educational programs to maintain current skill and competency levels and demonstrates commitment to on-going personal and professional development.
- Works with training coordinator to generate department statistics, reports, QA, KPI's and employee skill development.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.