Posting Note: This Patient Access Representative will work with a team of 10 professional employees. You will focus on developing patient relationships via phone. Your job duties will include scheduling appointments, following up on inquiries, supporting staff members with their patient communication while providing excellent and expedient customer service in this pediatric office. Ninety percent of the time you will be on the phone and the remaining ten percent you will work on performing other clerical duties pertaining to our patients. If you enjoy interacting with kids, parents, and health care providers, coordinating care, troubleshooting issues, and take pride in providing exceptional customer service, we would like to hear from you. Your administrative, receptionist, and customer service skills will be utilized to meet our company's mission: to provide hope, healing, and the best healthcare for children and their families. Schedule: M-F 8:00 -5:00 Location: Palo Verde Pediatrics 120 S. Val Vista Drive, Gilbert AZ 85296 Requirements: •1 year of Medical Registration, Billing, or related experience •Customer service experience in health care- Pediatric setting preferred •High school diploma or equivalent
The Patient Access Representative performs efficient and orderly registration of all patients. Acts as primary liaison for patients receiving professional and clinical services at Phoenix Children's Primary Care location. Prepares admission forms, obtains necessary documentation and signatures, and confirms demographic information when the patient and/or guarantor present for services. Collects co-pay and deductible amounts at time of service.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Accurately documents all information in the appropriate fields and/or account notes. Maintains accuracy when entering demographic and insurance information in the system.
- Arrives patients who present for professional and hospital services that have been pre-registered and collect co-pay and deductible amounts. Obtains all necessary signatures from the Guarantor at the time of registration or arrival.
- Courteously answers the telephone and answers all questions in a timely manner
- Identifies and refers uninsured and underinsured patients to the Financial Counselor or similar appropriate representative as necessary.
- Inquires patient account system(s) to identify any previous unpaid liability in AMPFM/Misys or similar database.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with patients/guarantors, insurance companies, government entities, clinical personnel, co-workers and management to promote teamwork, cooperation and a positive public image for PCH and Phoenix Children's Primary Care.
- Organizes, prioritizes, and monitors daily work activity to ensure that complete, accurate, and compliant registration has been performed in a timely manner.
- Participates in a variety of unit and hospital educational programs to maintain current skill and competency levels
- Performs registration in appropriate HIS system, verifies insurance coverage, obtains authorization for patients who present for professional and hospital services and have not been pre-registered.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.