Posting Note: Join the Special Events team at Phoenix Children’s Hospital Foundation! We create, plan and execute special events in support of Phoenix Children’s Hospital’s mission of providing hope, healing, and the best healthcare to children and their families. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, has a great attention to detail, is self-motivated, a visionary with desire for innovation, and is team-oriented.**Reporting to the Director, Special Events, the Event Planner Specialist I leads the planning, design and implementation of signature events while serving as a liaison on beneficiary events raising funds for Phoenix Children’s. The ideal candidate has 3+ years of leadership experience with event planning and impeccable relationship building skills. **Key functions: Conceptualize events to meet or exceed revenue goals. Develop a positive rapport with volunteer leadership committee members, donors, vendors and other supporters. Manage all aspects of event including but not limited to expense budget, sponsorship revenue, vendor contracts, logistics, volunteer management, marketing and promotional efforts and event performance recaps.
Working in close collaboration with leadership, the Specialist I will assist in the development and implementation of many aspects of multiple programs that align with hospital’s mission and support the Foundation’s goals. Working independently, the Specialist I may be in charge of overseeing program/project execution that could include staffing, volunteers, budget and fundraising goals from start to finish. This position may also be responsible for special events that publicize the organization and its programs to the community. Position may have direct and/or indirect oversight of lower-level staff members and/or volunteers.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Manage Budgets: Creates and analyzes budgets for each program in order to minimize unnecessary expenditures, including complex budgetary planning and forecasting.
- Allocate Resources: Allocates a specific amount of resources for each program while avoiding the depletion of resources as well as the degradation of quality.
- Program Development: Assists in the development of fully-fledged programs complete with policies, procedures and techniques.
- Staff Oversight: Responsible for training, assisting and collaborating with staff members who are involved in one or more programs. Indirect and/or direct supervision must facilitate communication, aid organization, coordinate objectives and ensure that standards are met.
- Process Documentation: Manages the tracking of deliverables, monitoring progress and translating data towards future growth projections.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.