Posting Note: ** Full time, Mon-Fri Days, 7am-6:30pm**
The Interventional Radiology Health Unit Coordinator is responsible for day of surgical scheduling, answering in-coming phone calls, and coordinating communications for the Operating Room. They work closely with the Charge nurse and staff to facilitate smooth daily operations.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Coordinates communications for IR rooms
- Answers all incoming calls, assesses nature/urgency and determines the appropriate triage
- of the call.
- Maintains courtesy and professionalism during urgent situations.
- Anticipates problems, critical issues and acts accordingly.
- Updates IR board.
Schedules same day urgent/emergent IR cases.
- Receives via phone and in person surgical requests.
- Processes and schedules procedure cases according to requests.
- Adjusts scheduling grid.
Provides support to other staff as needed
- Works effectively in team environment.
- Handles sensitive information and confidential matters with a high degree of discretion.
- Places repair orders.
- Helps with room turn around.
Accomplishes necessary tasks in an organized and systematic manner
- Maintains knowledge of current policies.
- Maintains inventory of forms and office supplies.
- Makes changes to next days final IR schedule.
- Responsible for assisting and relaying patient information for ICU bed requests.
- Coordinates inpatient pick-up for procedures being performed in the IR.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.