Performs a variety of tasks that are responsible for the preparation, distribution, inventory and management of Human Milk (HM), Donor Milk (DM) and formula.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Handle human milk and formula using aseptic techniques, which adhere to all sanitary regulations and standards established by the hospital, including HACCP and patient safety policies.
- Delivers and picks up to individual rooms/units/floors within the hospital.
- Verify feeding orders with registered dietitians or other designated medical staff to ensure accuracy.
- Communicates with lactation consultants, nurses, other medical team members and parents to ensure milk or formula is accurately utilized, prepared and stored.
- Monitors daily inventory which could include checking expiration dates, restocking units/floors, rotating stock and ordering additional supplies as needed, or notifying appropriate personnel when supplies are needed.
- Participates in a variety of in-service programs, meetings and conferences.
- Ensure that all utensils, workstations and supplies have been successfully cleaned and sanitized.
- Works cooperatively with own and other departments to continuously improve the quality of services provided.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service and adapts to unanticipated requests.
- Treats all information and data within the scope of the position with appropriate confidentiality and security.
- Maintains a working knowledge of technical terminologies and classifications as appropriate for the proper completion of job duties.
- Follow policies and procedures outlined for the hospital, department and Nutrition Lab.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.