Posting Note: Reporting to the Vice President, Individual Giving, the Principal Gift Officer will be a seasoned fundraiser responsible for securing individual gifts with an emphasis on $1,000,000 and above. Success will be achieved by building long term donor partnerships and demonstrating that all levels of philanthropic support are leveraged to realize maximum impact for Phoenix Children’s mission. The ideal candidate will be energetic and enthusiastic, metrics-driven, and is comfortable working in a dynamic and fast paced environment. Education and Experience Requirements: **Minimum 8 years of fundraising experience, preferably in healthcare or higher education setting, and ideally with campaign experience **Bachelor’s degree or Master’s in business, philanthropy or related field **A clear understanding of philanthropy and philanthropic practice, in particular the unique individual relationships required to secure principal gifts **The ability to move donors/prospects through the philanthropic continuum **Experience in developing principal gift strategies **A proven track record of securing gifts at all levels, with a focus on 7-8 figures and above **Must be comfortable working in a complex organization, and have a successful track record in working with Executive Leadership, Board Members, Physicians, and Volunteer Leadership. **Strong initiative, self-confidence, creativity, and entrepreneurial skills, who enjoys working as a team player but can also work independently as a self-starter **Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and proficiency in Raiser’s Edge or other equivalent CRM system.
Reporting to the Director, Individual Giving, the Sr Philanthropy Officer is a seasoned major gifts fundraiser responsible for securing individual gifts with an emphasis on $100,000 and above. Success is achieved by building long term donor partnerships and demonstrating that all levels of philanthropic support are leveraged to realize maximum impact for Phoenix Children’s mission. The ideal candidate is energetic and enthusiastic, metrics-driven, and is comfortable working in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Manages a portfolio of 125-150 prospects.
- Develops and implements thoughtful, strategic cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship plans for prospective donors for gifts of $25,000 with an emphasis on $100,000 or more.
- Ensures regular contact with donors through various activities and communications, especially face to face meetings.
- Identifies and develops joint major giving opportunities in collaboration with colleagues and team members across the foundation.
- Develops and manages timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure plans and critical fundraising processes are carried out in a timely manner.
- Develops expertise in hospital Centers of Excellence and service lines. Serves as foundation liaison in assisting physicians, program directors and administration with capital and programmatic funding needs.
- Manages a philanthropic advisory board for one of the Centers of Excellence.
- Supports the Director, Individual Giving on fundraising activities and follow-up.
- Meets annual activity and financial performance metrics.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.