Posting Note: Are you a marketing leader who excels in a fast-paced environment? Looking to join an amazing team in a nonprofit environment, supporting a best of children’s hospital? We are seeking an experienced and highly effective marketing expert and leader to join the growing Marketing and Communications Team within the Phoenix Children’s Hospital Foundation. The manager’s main goals are to lead the development to execution of strategic marketing plans on behalf of the organization, with an emphasis on branding and complex initiatives, media buying, and public relations, as well as oversee the account management team. The person in this role will have a variety of marketing skillsets and knowledge of best practices on what permeates for greatest results, affinity and activation of donors, and can work collaboratively with creative, digital, direct response team members and functions. The manager will work in partnership with MarCom leaders and cross-functional teams to ensure highest degrees of success in delivering effective outcomes, and oversee the project management side of the department for efficiency and continuous process improvement. Being able to successfully manage external vendors and service providers, including but not limited to public relations, consulting firms, media buyers, and others, to fully leverage those services in alignment with internal strategic plans and goals, is essential. Seeking a solutions-oriented problem-solver and marketing leader, who enjoys managing complex projects and fostering win-win partnerships.
The Manager, Foundation is responsible for managing the overall success of an assigned area within the foundation, including but not limited to, financials and budgeting, revenue targets, reporting and analytics, strategic planning and execution, recruitment and training, and key metrics. In addition, the Foundation Manager is responsible for people leadership and professional development of a team through various interactions that may include regular one on one meetings, staff meetings, monthly metrics reviews, annual performance evaluations, and other relevant performance reviews. Oversees tactical day-to-day deliverables as required and provide any necessary direction and resources to all internal/external resources and stakeholder partners. This position may also be responsible for an individual revenue goal as well as team fundraising goal.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Assists with design of development strategy and oversee ongoing development efforts. Develops, cultivates and manages key long-term relationships with donors and prospects. Provides direction and support for donor/partner strategy, execution and stewardship.
- Responsible for recruitment, onboarding, and ongoing training efforts as necessary. Interviews and hires team members, establishes goals and metrics, conducts performance reviews and provides ongoing training, mentoring and development of team.
- Collaborates with team and Foundation colleagues to develop and implement prospect cultivation and recognition collateral, promotional materials and proposals to engage and increase interest in philanthropy and sponsorship from individuals and businesses.
- Develops expertise in Hospital Centers of Excellence and all clinical care areas, research, and programs funded through philanthropy. Builds relationships and ongoing interactions with physicians, researchers, program directors and administrators with personnel, programmatic and capital funding needs.
- Represents Phoenix Children’s appropriately at community functions, networking events and by nurturing new and existing relationships.
- Maintains professional competency by pursuing industry knowledge, keeping apprised of current and national trends and building awareness of latest technologies and best practices to promote performance.
- Some program management oversight and execution in collaboration with colleagues, support team and internal and/or external resources.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.