This position oversees the management and daily operations of Billing, Collections, and Cash Posting areas within the PFS Department. This position is responsible for developing, planning, organizing and implementing current and future strategies to bill claims, process payments, minimize bad debt, improve cash flow and manage the overall health of the company's receivables as well as provides service excellence at each stage of the registration process to ensure the business operations of the Billing, Collections, and Cash Posting Departments achieve and comply with stated budgetary objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Manages and supervises daily operations of the Billing, Collections, and Cash Posting Departments o ensure optimal efficiency of workflow processes consistent with all applicable standards and regulations, established policies, procedures and standards. Develops and continually refines policies and procedures for the department. Is involved in the budget process and recommends appropriate purchase of equipment and systems.
- Maximize cash flow by maintaining and monitoring the protocols and activities associated with the financial management of the patient account, including accurate and timely billing, collections, and cash posting.
- Develops and maintains staff schedule using established volume and workflow indicators to adjust staffing accordingly to ensure continuous compliance with department goals.
- Develops and supervises staff through provision of timely feedback and use of appropriate Human Resources policies and tools to facilitate and ensure the ability of the staff to achieve the highest level of professional growth and desired performance standards.
- Serves as resource for staff to identify appropriate billing, collections, and cash posting protocols regarding specific health plan criteria. Facilitates interaction with health plan as necessary to ensure maintenance of patient rights, responsibilities, and confidentiality and ensures timely and accurate information flow.
- Actively participates in formal education programs, including orientation and skills development. Works closely with the Education department to develop and deliver programs designed to address identified competency and/or skill needs of the Admitting department.
- Develops, establishes, implements, and evaluates systems to monitor accuracy and timeliness of data entry activities through the patient care continuum.
- Hires, evaluates, and effectively motivates the Billing, Collections, and Cash Posting teams to meet high levels of service excellence.
- Provides timely review and feedback to management team for fiscal responsibilities of designated areas, reflecting optimal use of all resources.
- Works closely and cooperatively with Patient Registration, IT, Health Information Management, Finance, and other areas of the hospital to identify issues, concerns, and areas for increased efficiencies to develop effective integrated solutions.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.