Posting Note: PCH is hiring a medical assistant who is trained in casting! The MA will support our busy Plastic Surgery division and will be responsible for rooming patients as well as placing casts on patients. Ideal candidate will have 1--2 years’ experience in casting is preferred but we are willing to train if the casting experience is not specific to hand. On days when the hand surgery team is not in clinic, the MA will be assisting in our busy Complex Wound Clinic. MA must be willing to travel to our multiple locations across Phoenix Metro. Mileage is reimbursed.
Under the guidance of the orthopaedic physicians and providers, this position completes tasks assigned and duties that are pertinent to patient care in the Orthopaedic clinic.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Supports providers with routine clinic care functions, including patient intake, discharge, and follow up care. Records and communicates patient related information to the health care provider.
- Applies and removes casts, changes dressings, and removes sutures/staples as directed by the presiding practitioner. The employee documents actions taken, supplies used, techniques utilized, related measurements, etc. in the patient’s electronic medical record according to PCH policy.
- Assists providers with the application, adjustment and removal of splints, slings, and other orthopedic DME related appliances.
- Manages patient calls by coordinating with other health care professionals to complete patient requests and documents a phone note when applicable.
- Prepares and administers medications and processes medication refills as directed by provider.
- Demonstrates infection control standards related to hand washing and standard precautions.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.