Posting Note: Part-time; Monday & Wednesday 6am - 430pm schedule
This position transports patients to and from various areas of the hospital in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety practices and customer care standards.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Greets and assists patients and their parents prepare for transport.
- Makes contact with a patient’s nurse, care area or technician before transport; ensure paperwork is complete; check the patient’s ID band against the transport order verifying the medical record number and patient first and last name.
- Provides friendly, caring, and age appropriate transport of patients to and from all areas of the hospital in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety practices, and customer care standards.
- Using appropriate methods, escorts discharged patients, their parents and belongings to the discharge or circle drive. Assists the parent in moving the patient from wheelchair, wagon or stroller to the vehicle. Assist in loading luggage and opening doors.
- When transporting patients, ensures they are properly covered and not exposed by providing a blanket, sheet or towel.
- Work closely with patient care areas to coordinate efficient patient transport needs across multiple areas. Maintains, visually checks, cleans, and inventories transport equipment. Notifies supervisor of service and/or maintenance issues. Assist clinical personnel in the transferring of patients to and from beds, wheelchairs or stretcher as requested.
- Participates in a variety of department and hospital sponsored educational programs to maintain skills and competencies.
- Provides excellent customer service to both patients and employees. Works as a team by showing courtesy, respect, professionalism, working to cover departmental staffing needs, and meeting departmental and organizational objectives.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.