This position accurately handles cash and credit transactions and helps process new merchandise in the store and assists the Mgr, Gift Shop in effectively managing the Hospital gift shop to achieve optimum customer service and net income.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Operates cash and point of sale computer systems.
- Opens registers daily by counting money, balance drawer, and opening cash registers.
- Counts money and prepares closing financial forms for deposit statements at the end of day for reports. Balances drawer at end of day.
- Completes sales transactions by proper system procedures, to include, cash, credit card, phone orders and payroll deduction.
Prices and displays merchandise as directed by gift shop manager.
- Contacts environmental services as needed to keep gift shop clean.
- Organizes extra inventory in an efficient manner.
- Tracks inventory. Reports shortages to manager to keep inventory levels appropriate at all times.
- Creates visually appealing merchandise displays to enhance sales.
Provides Gift Shop leadership in the absence or at the direction of the Gift Shop Manager.
- Ensures operations are working at all times, even when Manager is out.
- Answers questions often directed to the Manager in her absence or at the direction of the Manager. If unsure of action to be taken - consult with Manager.
- Greets customers with positive verbal and nonverbal communication.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Interacts with customers out on the sales floor; offers suggestions to assist in purchase selection.
- Offers assistance to all phone callers.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.