Posting Note: **Hospital experience required
This position is responsible for supervising and overseeing the daily operations of the accounts receivable follow-up staff. This position demonstrates excellent customer service and technical skills in patient financial services and management of information, process, workflow and technology. The supervisor serves as a leader within Patient Financial Services with commensurate authority in accordance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Maintain quality service by supervising all tasks associated with account follow-up including contacting insurance payers to resolve unpaid accounts, following up on denied claims, and analyzing open accounts to determine necessary actions.
- Establish an organizational structure by assigning responsibilities, following up to ensure completion of tasks, review of accounts worked for quality, and coaching staff for development.
- Assist with progressive discipline with regards to attendance, performance and all aspects of department and hospital policy.
- Maintain department manuals and reference materials and communicates and implements managed care and third-party payer updates or requirements as they are received.
- Responsible for department's overall performance and for motivating team members to exceed department and hospital goals and objectives.
- Maintain liaison with hospital and clinic supervisory personnel to coordinate efforts in resolving problems concerning collection of hospital accounts receivable; answer inquiries from insurance companies concerning outstanding accounts as required.
- Approve various transactions including underpayments, discounts and write-offs for hospital convenience; evaluate and process insurance denials and late insurance claims information as required.
- Plan and schedule work to ensure proper distribution of assignments and adequate manning for subsequent performance of duties. Plan and conduct meetings with subordinates to ensure compliance with established practices, to implement new policies and keep employees abreast of current changes and standards.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and analysis, setting forth progress, identifying trends and submitting appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.