Posting Note: **Hospital experience required
This position oversees the collection activity for an assigned segment of the Accounts Receivable and performs collection duties in accordance with established federal and state regulations.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Performs account follow-up on outstanding insurance balances and takes the necessary action for account resolution in accordance with established federal and state regulations.
- Contacts all assigned accounts in the work queue daily and provide sound collection follow-up on outstanding insurance balances.
Batches, compiles, submits appeals and monitor accounts for proper reimbursement.
- Responsible for achieving and maintaining accounts receivable days at the established goal.
Establishes and maintains effective communication with employers, other healthcare providers, insurers, and patients/families to secure accurate and pertinent information to maximize reimbursement.
- Communicate with internal and external customers by telephone and mail to verify charge accuracy and/or correct account errors.
- Monitors and tracks contractual, billing, registration, and posting errors and provides continuous feedback to the department supervisor.
- Verifies applicable contract by reviewing EOB messages, reviewing patient ID card, and verifying member information for managed care plans.
- Uses good interpersonal skills to promote positive, effective interaction with customers and to promote quality service to ensure flow of information to appropriate staff and professionals.
- Provides detailed documentation on the collection system to explain the action taken or promise made. Obtains current information on all accounts and records information as required.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.