In collaboration with the Vice President Chief Pharmacy Officer and other departmental leaders, this role will direct and plan Pharmacy Business Operations which includes: planning and oversight of the organization’s 340b drug discount program operations and compliance, pharmaceutical purchasing and supply chain, contracting and vendor management, departmental budget development and forecasting, and financial analytics with decision support for pharmacy directed cost centers. In this role as Director, this individual will directly lead and oversee pharmacy purchasing, contracting, 340B and financial business services personnel. This position will report directly to the Vice President Chief Pharmacy Officer.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Actively plans and directs the operations and compliance of pharmacy purchasing, contracting, 340B, departmental financial performance, and information to assure ongoing function and success.
- PCH Financial, Pharmacy Charge Master (CDM)
- Pharmaceutical Wholesaler, Inventory Control Technology
- 340B Drug Program split billing, and Drug Supply Security Act (DSCSA) systems
- Plans, directs and assures purchasing integrity and services to meet state, local and federal guidelines enterprise wide in conjunction with pharmacy inpatient and outpatient leadership and organizational supply chain department
Directs the daily duties and staff development of the 340B, financial management and supply chain staffs.
- Assures that pharmaceutical procurement, contracting, and integrity and supply chain waste management is planned and operational
- Directs patient billing and charging organizationally for pharmacy related services
- Directs daily and annual inventory controls and function and assures timely execution
Directs and plans for pharmacy department leadership related to federal, state and manufacturer compliance and assures survey readiness.
- Develops related policies in partnership with the Pharmacy and the organizations compliance departments for the 340B and other business operations,
- Directly manages the Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) programs, directs the internal supply chain and financial reporting and designs and collaborates with staff to implement and maintain internal audit plans.
- Works effectively with the Office of Business Integrity (OBI) Executive and Staff
Plans, directs and assures the organization is achieving functional business integration and maximal contract utilization for GPO pharmaceutical contracts, direct vendors and 340(b) purchases and achieving cost savings through full participation in all qualified areas organizationally.
- Reviews and directs all pharmaceutical contracts prior to execution
- Directs dispensing activities with internal pharmacy staff for all dispensing sites to assure alignment with contracts, accounts and regulations
- Maintains current training and knowledge of 340b, supply chain and business policies procedures and applications
- Proactively recommends and directs new and existing non-pharmaceutical and pharmaceutical contracts for GPO, Direct Vendor and 340(b) purchasing organizationally in conjunction with the Pharmacy, Finance, Legal, Ethics and Compliance and Executive Leadership groups and assures timely delivery. Works directly with Pharmacy Leadership to review outsourced and managed care contract services and performance to pro forma for ongoing and new business service lines.
- Effectively prepares and directs analysis of Medicare and Medicaid Cost Data, GPO, Wholesaler, Direct Vendor, internal IT and Finance reports in conjunction with the pharmacy leadership and the PCH Finance Department to assure eligible patient and product compliance for 340B Program and budget alignment.
Directs ongoing decision support and provides routine and demand reports focused on achieving defined performance for 340(b) participation, pharmaceutical and other supply expense, and other budget targets.
- Directs and plans wholesaler analysis reports for pharmaceuticals on a monthly basis
- Directs charge utilization, savings and budget variances with written and oral reports to Executive, Pharmacy, Finance and Supply Chain and Leadership and other related staff.
- Directs 340b Split Billing and DSCSA activity reports on demand in a timely manner
- Review budget and expense detail in organizations budgeting system with monthly reports due for variances
- Develops and provides reports as requested for inventory and waste management controls for purchasing and return vendors
Directs the maintenance of the Charge Description Master (CDM) and NDC crosswalks in 340B, hospital and pharmacy IT systems for new and existing products.
- Directs product changes and performance of periodic spot audits and compliance assessments to assure CDM and billing integrity.
- Plans in conjunction with the related department and organizational groups to insure accuracy and timely business updates and
- Actively collaborates and plans with internal pharmacy staff and leadership, the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committees and external organizational departments and leaders to provide decision support drug shortages management.
- Directs the implementation and management of audit tools and activities.
- Actively participates in the organizational budget process, prepares business plans and budget analytics and develops tools to track/trend and achieve drug spend, labor productivity, other supply expense and revenue goal metrics. Works closely with Pharmacy Leadership to refine budget assumptions on drug utilization.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.