Posting Note: PCH is looking for an experienced clinical manager who will be responsible for Cath Lab and IR. The ideal candidate will have experience in either IR, Cath Lab or a high intensity procedural environment. OR experience will be a huge plus. Must have a minimum of 3+ years of leadership/manager experience, preferably in a hospital setting. Must be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously; work closely with leadership teams to identify opportunities for improvement within the unit, and to work across organizational lines to optimize productivity and provide outstanding care. Position does require BSN, MSN or MBA; Sign ON Bonus for qualified candidate
The Manager, Clinical Service promotes family-centered care by subscribing to and supporting Phoenix Children’s mission and values. This position manages, evaluates and supervises operational functions and activities of an assigned area by guiding and supporting staff. The Manager, Clinical Service also serves as a liaison with other departments to plan, implement, communicate, evaluate and coordinate patient care operations across the enterprise, while also facilitating quick resolution of issues to ensure excellence in a family centered care environment.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Maintains 24/7 accountability for patient care operations. Works with unit leadership and House Supervisors to support unit needs and access to leadership representation 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- Responsible for collaborating with colleagues to develop and implement the patient care philosophy, standards of practice, department goals, policies and procedures.
- As needed, provides developmentally appropriate clinical care within professional domain to ensure delivery of quality integrated developmentally appropriate patient care; participates as appropriate in emergent situations.
- Assesses necessary nursing and technical personnel are available to meet fluctuating census, acuity and budgetary goals. Implements innovative and effective recruitment, retention and onboarding strategies in collaboration with HR and other departments/disciplines to meet unit needs as well as to foster growth and staff satisfaction.
- Ensures continual delivery of high quality nursing care.
- Assures compliance of The Joint Commission and CMS standards as well as other regulatory agencies.
- Enforces adherence to state board of nursing and state nurse practice act requirements and to other governing agency regulations; measures health outcomes against standards; makes or recommends adjustments.
- Assumes bed-manager responsibility in collaboration with House Supervisor as scheduled.
- Remains current and works towards best practice in nursing management, clinical knowledge and PCH policies and procedures. Incorporates nursing expertise by serving as a resource related to clinical aspects of areas of responsibility.
Human Resource Management
- Manages all aspects of personnel administration for unit(s) of responsibility including by not limited to recruitment, interviewing, selection of professional, technical or supervisory staff.
- Implement strategies to foster staff’s high engagement, maintain low staff turnover, and support high level of staff satisfaction.
- Assists staff with goal setting; implements continual performance development.
- Evaluates staffing patterns/needs; match staff competency with patient acuity.
- Effectively manages grievances in collaboration with appropriate leadership and Human Resources, monitors staff for fitness for duty, performance improvement and initiates corrective action as appropriate.
- Identifies key performance indicators; establishes data collection methodology; evaluates performance data; responds to outcome measurement findings; complies with documentation requirements.
- Works collaboratively with Clinical Supervisors to identify staff performance issues/needs, provides feedback and support to address staff issues requiring immediate intervention, and identifies educational needs to ensure maintenance of established performance, competency, and quality standards.
- Monitors/reviews MIDAS safety reports and collaborates with Clinical Supervisors for trends; develops and implements strategies to address drifts in practice.
- Assesses customer and patient satisfaction; develop strategies to address satisfaction issues.
- Develops and supervises staff through provision of timely feedback and use of appropriate Human Resource policies and tools to facilitate and ensure the ability of staff to achieve highest level of professional growth and desired performance standards.
- 11. Collaborates with unit-based Clinical Education Specialist for orientation and ongoing professional development of all staff.
- 12. Participates both proactively and retroactively in assessing and reviews quality of care by utilizing modalities such as rounding, data collection through dashboards, etc. and participating in event reviews, as appropriate.
- Recognizes the impact of reimbursement on revenue. Monitors to ensure accuracy of room accommodation and procedural charges.
- Provides timely review and feedback to management team for fiscal responsibilities of designated areas reflecting optimal utilization of all resources.
- Works in collaboration with other leaders and departments to develop, secure approval for, and monitor revenue, expenses and capital budget for areas of responsibility.
- Reviews financial data monthly and recommends/implements strategies to ensure compliance with approved budgets.
- Conducts ongoing evaluation of productivity.
- Establishes and oversees unit-based goals in conjunction with division and organizational goals/priorities.
- Supports the growth of Phoenix Children’s; participates in the development and implementation of programs, as applicable.
- Oversees all aspects of care delivery, both direct and indirect, for areas of responsibility.
- Facilitates, attends and participates, as appropriate, in medical staff, hospital and patient care area committees.
- Facilitates a structure of shared governance; support a just culture.
- Supports unit based and system wide research and quality improvement initiatives.
- Influences the practice of nursing through participation/professional organizations.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.