Posting Note: This Lead Patient Access Representative will provide guidance and support to a team of 5 Patient Access Representatives. You will be responsible for scheduling, ensuring effective communication and maintain effective work processes to provide excellent customer service to the patients and their parents. You will be responsible for the patient registration, insurance verification workflow processes,( including the front desk). You will have a good understanding of the Patient Access Representatives job duties to effectively carry out this job. Schedule: M-F 8:00 -5:00 (Saturday schedule twice/month 8:00 -12:00) Address: 4848 East Cactus Rd, Suite 620 Scottsdale, AZ 85254 Requirements: Associate's Degree in healthcare, business or related field OR the equivalent combination of education and experience. Bilingual (English/Spanish) and AMPFM or Misys platform experience preferred.
The Lead Patient Access Representative performs efficient and orderly registration of all patients. Acts as a primary liaison for patients receiving professional and hospital services at Phoenix Children's Primary Care (PCPC) location. Serves in an area specific leadership role. Facilitates communication of operation policies and procedures to Patient Access Representatives.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Conducts training with staff to ensure that staff understands registration process, insurance verification, treatment authorization process, requirements, and mechanisms. Ensures that staff is oriented to the job expectations so they may fully carry out their responsibilities.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with patients/guarantors, insurance companies, government entities, clinical personnel, co-workers and management to promote teamwork, cooperation and a positive public image for PCPC.
- Maintains sufficient knowledge of payers to ensure accurate and timely billing and compliance with all federal, state, and contractual laws and agreements.
- Participates in a variety of clinic educational programs to maintain current skill and competency levels.
- Provides input regarding staff performance to the Clinic Operations Manager or the Operations Director, PCPC such that he/she can review employees' performance annually and can take corrective actions when necessary.
- Resolves problems with internal and external clients. Involves other supervisors and department managers as necessary.
- Serves as a leader and assists with quality and productivity management processes.
- Thoroughly understands the front end registration modules in Vision and AMPFM and communicates with IT to ensure the system is used accurately and efficiently and is updated when necessary and possible.
- Understands the job expectations of Patient Access Representative. Fills in for staff, as necessary. Performs all functions of Patient Access Representative as required.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.