This position performs sonography examinations and procedures to provide data for diagnosis of disease and injuries in accordance with all applicable standards, regulations, and licensing requirements.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Performs diagnostic sonography examinations on patients across the spectrum of congenital and acquired disease for interpretation by radiologist. Determines proper technique and positioning to ensure optimal results in accordance with all applicable standards, protocols and procedures. Performs or assists with interventional and operative exams as required per training and expertise.
Documents preliminary report
- Creates a detailed report to include pertinent positive and negative anatomic findings, measurements using proper technique and positions, and medical history for presentation to interpreting physician. Report is clear, concise, and grammatically correct and utilizes appropriate spelling and punctuation.
- Maintains professional and technical competencies by attending CMEs, keeping active certification by ARDMS, keeping apprised of current literature, attending and assisting in monthly journal club, and maintaining BLS and TB.
Represents Ultrasound in a positive and professional manner
- Interacts professionally with peers, guests, patients, families and internal and external external clients. Projects a positive image of the Sonography team. Serves as preceptor to students, trainees and orientees in the sonography role.
Performs finalizing functions
- Assures studies are appropriately transferred to electronic archives and tracked. Takes steps to quickly remedy identified errors and omissions utilizing the chain of command as necessary.
Ownership and departmental growth
- Participates in the evaluation and development of new procedures, protocols, and quality improvement initiatives. Proactively evaluates practices and assists to create and implement changes to increase and enhance the effectiveness of methods.
- Seeks and shares QI opportunities and initiatives; shares feedback re: procedures and protocols; communicates frequently with medical and administrative leadership.
Care of professional environment
- Participates in cleaning, re-stocking, re-supplying, and turnover of ultrasound exam rooms and equipment to provide for efficient, effective, and safe department operations. Participates in protocolling exams as needed.
- Ensures regular equipment calibration and maintenance in accordance with established instructions is completed. Identifies and troubleshoots malfunctions to ensure continuous proper and safe operations. Reports service needs and preventative maintenance issues as appropriate.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.