Posting Note: Phoenix Children's Hospital, Arizona’s only children’s hospital recognized by US News & World Report’s Best Children’s Hospitals, ranking in all 10 specialties in 2020-21 and the fastest growing Children’s Hospital in the country, is now recruiting for pediatric dermatologists to continue our exciting growth trajectory. Clinical duties will include outpatient clinics at Phoenix Children’s Hospital main campus as well as satellite locations, inpatient consultations, shared call and teaching to rotating pediatric and dermatology residents as well as medical students. PCH also has an American Board of Dermatology certified fellowship program in pediatric dermatology with 2 funded fellowship positions per year. Staff physicians work individually with our fellows in training on a regular basis. Opportunities for designated laser and surgical time are available, working alongside pediatric anesthesiologists. Clinical research is encouraged. Salary is competitive for a pediatric dermatology position and PCH offers an excellent benefit package. Phoenix Children’s dermatology has a very busy service with six attending physicians, three nurse practitioners, and two designated dermatology nurses. We currently staff two satellite clinics in surrounding communities. Presently we perform approximately 2500 outpatient consults/year, over 450 new patient visits and manage 150 inpatient consult visits/year. Our department spearheads monthly interdisciplinary clinics including Vascular Anomalies Clinic, Congenital and Genetic Skin Disease Clinic, Severe Atopic Dermatitis Clinic and Epidermolysis Bullosa Clinic. Phoenix Children's Hospital has been recognized as a top children’s hospital by US News and World Report, and is one of the five largest children’s hospitals in the U.S. and growing. We now have more than 100 pediatric residents and over 60 fellows. Ours is the largest pediatric dermatology group in the state of Arizona, serving patients throughout Arizona and neighboring states. Opportunity exists for academic affiliations with Mayo Clinic School of Medicine, University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix, and Creighton University School of Medicine.
The staff physician shall provide patient care services and will support the PCH mission of providing hope, healing and the best health care for children and their families.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Patient Care Services
- 1)Provide patient care services for which he/she is clinically privileged, including but not limited to:
- a)Provide direct patient care services on an inpatient and outpatient basis
- b)Provide subspecialty consultations and follow-up.
- c)Provide diagnostic and therapeutic services/procedures
- d)Provide these services for urgent/ emergent care as necessary
- 2)Strive to achieve the best patient and family centered care
- 3)Support Hospital’s patient satisfaction goals as well as division’s specific targets
- 4)Support and adhere to divisional patient safety and quality of care standards
- 5)Practices Contemporary Evidence based medicine or latest experience based medicine
- 1)Establish and demonstrate effort to achieve annual physician goals and objectives (e.g. individual, division, hospital)
- 2)Support the medical education programs and activities of the Division, including but not limited to:
- a)Provide direct supervision of trainees and allied health care professionals for the delivery of inpatient and outpatient services when applicable
- b)Conduct teaching rounds, lectures and conference for trainees
- c)Participate in the teaching and supervision of trainees and allied health care professionals assigned to the division
- d)Participate in the postgraduate continuing educational activities of the division
- 3)Support the research endeavors of the division including the research initiatives by other members of the division
- 4)Support programmatic growth of division
- 5)Support satellite efforts of division when appropriate
- 1)Treat colleagues, PCH employees and customers with courtesy, dignity and respect
- 2)Promote safe, cooperative and professional health care environment
- 3)Support PCH mission, vision and values, including family centered care, excellence in clinical care, leadership, collaboration, and accountability
- 1)Physician shall support the Division Chief in his/her role as liaison to the professional community and general public as requested by the Division Chief
- 2)Physician may conduct teaching rounds or conferences outside of PCH, particularly if these activities support divisional clinical and teaching programs/ initiatives.
- 3)Physician shall represent PCH in the medical and business communities and before the general public in a professional manner
- 4)The following physical and mental skills are essential to the physician’s ability to successfully perform the foregoing duties and responsibilities:
- a)The ability to communicate by telephone, computer or other communication devices
- b)The ability to perform after hours or night call responsibilities as needed
- c)The ability to work regularly scheduled work hours
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.