Posting Note: The Clinical House Supervisor will provide clinical leadership throughout the house through oversight, assessment, and support. We are looking for an RN, with a minimum of 3 years as an RN in an acute hospital setting, pediatric experience is preferred. The position available is a part time, night shift position.
This position provides clinical leadership, oversight, assessment, support and coordination of patient care operations and workflow activities provided by nursing, clinical, and support staff throughout the house for a designated shift to ensure consistent provision of developmentally appropriate quality patient care in accordance with all applicable federal, regulatory, professional standards and requirements.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Acts as resource and mentor to Clinical Supervisors.
- Provides clinical expertise as needed.
- Assists in interpreting policies and procedures, regulatory compliance information/standards.
- Supports Clinical Supervisors in managing complex patient situations (i.e. Death/bereavement, organ donation, HIV counseling, CPS issues).
- Performs immediate drug screening as needed per policy.
Supervises performance of supplemental pool staff.
- Completes and conducts 90 day, mid year, and annual reviews for assigned staff using performance appraisal guidelines.
- Provides directions, coaching, recognition, counseling and disciplinary action as appropriate for supplemental pool staff.
- Ensures ongoing education of supplemental pool staff to meet learning needs.
- Ensures staff progression through required competencies and documentation of same.
Facilitates and works closely with Clinical Supervisors, Managers, Directors and Vice Presidents to ensure appropriate allocation of resources.
- Facilitates staffing decisions to meet identified unit productivity targets.
- Verifies staffing is in place and determines optimal allocation of staff for each unit/shift.
- Reassign resources as needed throughout the house based on changing patient needs and work flow demands.
- Conducts twice daily bed huddles/staffing meetings.
Manages appropriate hospital-wide response to emergent situations.
- Responds to all internal and external disaster codes and IMAT situations.
- Participates in disaster drills.
- Provides coordinated administrative oversight to ensure effective, efficient and appropriate global operational activities until the administrator on call arrives.
- Responds to patient/family/visitor issues and/or grievances.
- Provides administrative decision support and escalation of issues as needed in a timely manner.
- Provides immediate intervention in employee relations or practice situations in the absence of a Manager or Director, up to and including administrative suspension pending investigation of incident to ensure maintenance of safe and professional workplace.
Maintains a global awareness of hospital status.
- Conducts regular and frequent rounds through all nursing units to monitor patient flow and outcomes of patient care.
- Holds staff accountable for the delivery of exceptional patient care and customer service through concurrent, direct feedback.
- Monitor activities of support services on an ongoing basis.
- Coordinates with nursing unit Clinical Supervisors, physicians and patient placement staff to ensure timely placement, transfer and discharge of patients.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.