This position supervises the day to day operational activities related to scheduling services in Phoenix Children's Medical Group. Maintains appropriate staffing levels and monitors the daily productivity of the staff, reallocates duties as needed to assure the timely completion of scheduling and maintains focused customer service.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Actively participates in overseeing and guiding the department staff to include employee selection, training, development, performance evaluations and discipline. Attends and actively participates in staff and interdepartmental meetings.
- Acts as a role model by displaying exemplary, compassionate and professional behavior and motivates staff to provide excellent, patient-focused customer service.
- Supervises schedulers working directly with manager and staff to provide a high-level of satisfaction with patients and families utilizing PCMG services. (Scheduling team includes Referral Coordinators, Procedure Schedulers, Schedulers & Template Management team) Supervises the daily operational activities of the scheduling department and assumes responsibility when Manager is not available. Identifies opportunities for departmental process improvements. Supervises the work flow of healthpoint and rightfax.
Supervises the daily operational activities of the scheduling department and assumes responsibility when Manager is not available. Identifies opportunities for departmental process improvements.
- Supervises the work flow of healthpoint and scheduled appointments.
Responds to patient fluctuations and assists staff in daily needs; performs the duties of a Scheduler, as needed. This may include answering telephones in a timely and professional manner according to identified best practices in customer service and guidelines set by department. Scheduling patient exams for various modalities, cancel appointments and/or reschedules as necessary, and corrects or modifies discrepancies in scheduling.
- Reviews daily activities of assigned staff to ensure staff are meeting required standards of the departments. Works with Template Management team to provide oversight of reporting & scheduling template management.
- Supports manager on a daily basis by supervising performance of scheduling staff through clear communication of expectations and accountability in scheduling department. Provides timely feedback to staff regarding performance. Additionally works with Template Management team to ensure PCMG divisions are meeting standards outlined in policy and procedures.
Participates in a variety of departmental and hospital educational programs to maintain current skill and competency levels and demonstrates commitment to ongoing personal and professional development. Maintains department manuals and reference materials; communicates and implements updates and requirements on a timely basis.
- Works with all teams to assist management with QA and process improvement opportunities.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.