Performs activities related to the design, build, implementation, and support for the clinical based applications. Provides general analysis of applications and procedures within the healthcare setting. Performs work that tends to be of moderate to high technical and clinical complexity. Acts as a liaison between the Information Technology department and organizational units to tailor the Clinical System to meet the unique needs of the Hospital.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Keeps commitments
- Participates in implementation projects by completing all assigned project tasks
- Participates in department meetings and takes a lead role on projects and in broader departmental and/or hospital initiatives.
- Mentors and is capable of giving performance feedback and recommendations to other team members
- Confirms understanding of project needs and personal responsibilities
- Communicates progress in an effective and timely manner
- Accurately evaluates the need for escalation and then escalates to the appropriate level of authority
- Identifies needs, makes recommendations and participates in moderate to complex projects
- Demonstrates effective emotional intelligence in order to effectively handle pressure.
- Provides, takes and seeks direction when needed
- Works effectively on individual and team projects to meet or exceed goals
- Identifies needs, constraints, priorities of assigned work and organizes time to meet personal and organizational objectives
Consistently produces quality work product that is accurate, complete and detailed.
- Performs advanced design, configuration, testing, and implementation of clinical applications
- Understands and assists providers with key clinical work flows performed in the EHR and make recommendations for enhancements
- Researches, plans and makes recommendations to meet business requirements
- Troubleshoots, solves and documents incidents using the hospital ticketing system
- Participates and documents root cause analysis
- Has a wide breadth of application and industry knowledge around supported application(s)
- Participates in the help desk and after-hour call rotations and serves as an escalation point when supporting the help desk and other colleagues when on-call
- Accurately and completely prepares support documentation, test plans, specification documents, advanced work flows and task plans
- Directs and manages a project from beginning to end including developing a full scale project plan
- Critically listens and looks for opportunities to improve clinical and business work flow
- 11. Works closely with hospital leadership to ensure user access and functionality in the clinical systems complies with scope of practice and hospital policy
Consistently demonstrates a collaborative communication style
- Oral and written communication is clear and concise
- Maintains a pleasant and caring attitude
- Interacts with customers in a courteous and professional manner
- Represents IT positively to other parts of the organization
- Is open to new ideas, takes and acts on constructive feedback
- Demonstrates emotional intelligence using active listening skills and is able to offer constructive feedback
- Effectively regulates their own behavior under pressure and is skilled at bringing others to common ground
- Develops strong relationships with peers across departments to facilitate meeting organizational goals
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.