Department: PCH-MAIN | Audiology
Category: Tech ClinSuppt Clinical
Posting #: 539901
Date Posted: 12/10/2020
Employee Type: Regular
To provide support to the audiologists
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Order products and supplies
- Order ear molds, hearing aids, cochlear implant processors, accessories and other miscellaneous products. Track the order status of new products and of repaired products, track medical clearance forms, and ensure that all necessary components are available prior to the appointment date. Maintain and order clinic supplies
- Demonstrate infection control standards related to hand washing, standard precautions, and equipment cleaning. Ensure patient rooms and supplies are cleaned according the audiology program guideline
- Manage hearing aid drop offs. Contact families about repairs. Maintain hearing aid and cochlear implant database of new orders and repairs
Manage Clinic Flow
- Look for places to add late patients to the schedule, open mail, distribute products to audiologists
- Assist with letters of medical necessity, submitting MAP requests, orders, and other duties at audiologist request
- Prepare hearing aids for the hearing aid fitting appointments. This includes opening the hearing aid boxes, marking the aids for the appropriate ear, replacing the standard hearing aid doors with tamper proof doors and completing the hearing aid contract.
Function check of equipment
- Perform function checks of audiometer, middle ear analyzers, and otoacoustic emission test equipment. Perform weekly calibration of Verifit. Liaison with IT for software updates
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.