Posting Note: Looking for an experienced RN to represent the trauma team as the trauma liason for education and outreach to all Phoenix Children's locations and beyond! Phoenix Children's is a Level 1 Trauma Center. This is a Monday-Friday position 8am-5pm. Required pediatric RN experience in emergency, trauma or critical care.
This positions serves as the trauma program’s liaison to referring institutions for education and outreach. This position coordinates and builds relationships with referring institutions through case review, policy and procedure development, trauma education, and problem resolution for the trauma department.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Quality and performance improvement
- Acts as the trauma program’s primary liaison to referring hospitals, emergency departments, and medical facilities who currently or have desires to refer injured children to Phoenix Children’s Hospital Level I Pediatric Trauma Center. The liaison may also have a limited role in outreach to EMS services in coordination with the Base Hospital program. The position will have responsibilities for monitoring readiness and response, and policy development related to trauma.
- Provide trauma case review, follow up, and performance improvement for transferred and transported patients; reviews pre-hospital/OSH data elements; coordinates Performance Improvement issue resolution.
- Organizes, implements, and instructs a variety of outreach continuing education programs for EMS, emergency medical training facilities, healthcare facilities, allied health professionals and lay public regarding pediatric trauma.
- Supports trauma program strategic plan for education.
- Facilitates obtaining delinquent EMS trip report forms; monitors and reviews pre-hospital trip sheets for quality and standards of care.
Outreach and marketing
- Assists in the assessment of referral patterns of Emergency Departments, other Trauma Centers, EMS services and other medical facilities to determine if department activities are resulting in increased and appropriate referrals with optimal pre-transfer care.
- Enhances accessibility PCH and increases knowledge of PCH through relationship management with referral sources and other health care providers.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.