Posting Note: Position Summary** Reporting to the Vice President, Individual Giving, the Director will manage and lead a team of 6 philanthropy officers. With frontline focus, the Director will be a seasoned major gifts fundraiser responsible for securing individual gifts with an emphasis on $100,000 and above. Success will be achieved by building long term donor partnerships and demonstrating that all levels of philanthropic support are leveraged to realize maximum impact for Phoenix Children’s mission. The ideal candidate will be energetic and enthusiastic, metrics-driven, and is comfortable working in a dynamic and fast paced environment. We are looking for a BOLD, creative, purpose driven leader to take our individual giving program to the next level. Education and Experience Requirements: **Minimum of 10 years in fundraising, development or related field in a non-profit environment. Experience in a medical or academic development setting strongly encouraged and preferred. **Bachelor’s degree or Master’s in business, philanthropy or related field. **Proven experience in securing principal gifts from individuals, possessing a thorough understanding of donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, and demonstrated success in closing gifts of at least $1 million. **Demonstrated ability to hire, plan, train, manage, and mentor staff **Demonstrated success in building long term philanthropic relationships while also consistently meeting fundraising goals **Candidate must be able to navigate a wide variety of business and social settings and enjoy taking the message of Phoenix Children’s Hospital to individuals and organizations not yet familiar with its work. **Ability to work well with a variety of stakeholders and adapt to meet the varying needs **Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other equivalent CRM system Position Duties: **Manages a portfolio of 50-75 prospects **Develop and implement thoughtful, strategic cultivation, solicitation and stewardship plans for prospective donors with an emphasis on gifts of $100,000 or more. **Ensure regular contact with donors through various activities and communications, especially face to face meetings **Identify and develop joint major giving opportunities in collaboration with colleagues and team members across the foundation **Develop and manage timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure plans and critical fundraising processes are carried out in a timely manner **Develops expertise in hospital Centers of Excellence and service lines; serves as foundation liaison in assisting physicians, program directors and administration with capital and programmatic funding needs. **Meet annual activity and financial performance metrics
Working in close collaboration and reporting to the Vice President (VP), the Foundation Programs Director designs and executes on a comprehensive program development strategy for the Phoenix Children’s Hospital Foundation. The Programs Director oversees and executes on both capital campaigns and ongoing fundraising efforts as well as serving and executing on specific program development goals and strategies.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Regularly reports and documents activities and results against target to achieve/exceed performance metrics.
- Implements a professional development program to address employee experience and skill gaps.
- Works with staff to develop objective performance measurements for identified program, to ensure consistent, high-quality evaluation and goal setting for all employees.
- Instills a sense of accountability among team members by modeling tight oversight of individual and organizational performance standards.
Inform and Coach Development Team:
- Works with the VP and senior leadership team to inform the Development Team on program strategies and goals.
- Develops and implements strategies that will maximize the synergies among program areas. Actively executes on fundraising expectations and goals.
Communicate and Train:
- Trains and mentors Development Staff and communicates fundraising goals and progress throughout the organization.
- Works collaboratively and positively with colleagues to maximize program goals and giving potential.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.