This position is responsible for overseeing the grants and contracts for the Barrow Neurological Institute (BNI) at Phoenix Childrens Hospital research and sponsored programs. This position will assist the investigators and staff with the grant application process, reviewing and administering all of the clinical and translational laboratory neurosciences research of the growing enterprise throughout the complete grant development process from pre-award through post award administration, including, but not limited to, the review and Institutional sign-off on all proposals and grant related correspondence. This position requires effective collaboration with Accounting and Finance departments, Office of Research, and/or Institute staff in the preparation of program budgets, budget modifications, contracts, and preparation of the Research Divisions progress and financial reports. This position also provides the opportunity and responsibility for program development and growth by assisting and identifying federal, state, and other grants as well as for the review of contracts and negotiation of contracts for BNI at PCH.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Assist the Director, Research Coordination and Education in research oversight and business related issues related to Neuroscience research such as grant management, development of inter-institutional and intra-institutional financial contracts, materials transfer and data sharing agreements, oversee financial management of clinical trials, and monitor and report on the financial, budgetary, and regulatory issues.
- oOversees the Kronos submissions bi-weekly of the research staff.
- oMaintains documentation of proposals, tracks financial metrics and outcomes, and produces related reports. Ensures grant proposal compliance.
- oDevelops, in collaboration with the other members of the team, the non-science documents for proposal submission (i.e. budget, budget narrative, facilities narrative, inclusion of minorities, protection of human subjects, etc).
- oDisseminate compliance information to research and administrative staff.
- oReview/reconcile monthly BNI Research and Foundation Summary Sheets.
- oPrepare and submit annually the BNI Research Budget to PCH Finance.
- oProvides reports related to research and funding opportunities on a regular basis
Serves as lead contact for providing assistance with pre- and post-award activities for BNI research grants. Specializes in regulatory requirements of funding agencies, contract administration, transfers and changes, interactions with other institutions, and other related matters. Has primary responsibility for promoting funding opportunity awareness among BNI staff, and for maintaining currency with electronic research administration needs and spearheading responses. Is responsible for communicating BNI and PCH policies and procedures to Investigators.
- oWorks with the Office of Research to electronically submit grant and fellowship applications to external sponsors on behalf of BNI.
- oServes as liaison with external funding agency staff on grant-related administrative issues throughout the proposal submission and award acceptance processes. Reviews terms and conditions of awards for acceptability and compliance with applicable institutional policies and guidelines; negotiates terms with sponsors as needed.
- oWorks with the Finance Department to oversee the post-award financial grants management, including communication with external sponsors including budget reallocations, reporting and request for carry forwards.
- oWork with the PCH Foundation in proposal submission activities, including budget assistance reviewing grant budgets for inclusion in proposals.
- oObtains and coordinates the preparation of required forms for the proposals, checking all proposal budgets for accuracy, and ensuring that they are prepared according to agency guidelines.
- Formulates BNIs policies and aligns procedures for grants administration with the office of research.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.