This position provides general oversight for assigned area to ensure daily technical operations achieve and comply with established operating budget, quality control, inventory management and regulatory standards.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- This position receives supervision of work activities, objectives and goals from the Manager, Diagnostic Imaging. This position assists the Manager, Diagnostic Imaging with overseeing the MRI Technologists.
- Assists Manager, Diagnostic Imaging with overseeing work activities to ensure achievement of established goals, objectives, and outcomes. Provides guidance, mentoring, and direction as appropriate for ongoing staff development.
- Assists in, collects, and compiles monthly statistical measures. Prepares related operational and statistical reports for management to assist in decision making. Assists peers complete ad hoc projects as needed.
- Assigns daily operational activities of MRI by monitoring quality and effectiveness of workflow, problem resolution and trouble-shooting issues, and processes to ensure optimum efficiency and compliance with all regulatory and licensing requirements. Develops and maintains staff schedule. Uses established volume and workflow indicators to adjust staffing accordingly to ensure continuous compliance with department goals.
- Maintains professional and technical competency in all aspects of diagnostic imaging technology through constantly pursuing knowledge and self-improvement and remaining apprised of current trends, developments, and awareness of latest technology and practices to improve outcomes.
- Participates in hospital and department operational and quality improvement initiatives. Proactively evaluates systems and practices and assists to create and implement changes to increase and enhance the effectiveness of the operations.
- Performs diagnostic MRI procedures and images, quality control testing, and instrument maintenance procedures to ensure ongoing compliance with policies, regulations, and safety guidelines for safe work practices. Performs archiving of diagnostic images in accordance with Radiologist specifications.
- Recommends and implements approved imaging sequencing protocols, policies, and guidelines. Employs policies and procedures, regulatory guidelines, and professional standards to validate current practice requirements in support of overall organizational values and mission.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.