The Equipment Technician is responsible for first level troubleshooting of all surgical equipment, lights and booms. This position serves as the liaison to Biomedical Engineering regarding proactive maintainance of all equipment and tracking the follow up on care and maintenance. This position works closely with Surgical Clinical Nurses, Surgical Technicians, and Surgeons during cases to assure accurate data capture and storage.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Troubleshoots surgical equipment.
- Assists Staff in equipment set up for cases, including Stryker Integration System, laparoscopic cameras and scopes, video recording and printing, microscopes, electrochemical equipment, surgical tables, and any new medical or surgical equipment used for surgery cases.
Serves as the Liaison to Biomedical Engineering and outside vendors.
- Maintains an accurate inventory, repair and maintenance history on all surgical equipment.
- Completes work orders to Biomed and Facilities as needed.
- Follows up with Surgical Leads on capital and equipment purchases.
Assists Surgeons as needed for specialty cases.
- Sets up streaming ability to conference rooms.
- Assists in data capture and storage.
Education of Staff.
- Provides initial and ongoing training for staff involved in surgery cases.
- Reports performance issues to the appropriate supervisor in a timely manner for follow up.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.