Posting Note: This position will involve being on call for working shifts Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm. Will eventually be remote once fully trained. This candidate will need to be flexible and able to work when needed.
The Pre Access Specialist I is responsible for accurate and complete insurance verification, authorization, and complete pre-registration of all scheduled clinic visits and office based procedures. The position works within the EMR using an automated insurance verification tool along with payer websites and documents within the EMR.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Obtains insurance verification and benefits using an automated verification tool, insurance carrier websites, or by phone. Prepares an estimate for scheduled service and notifies the patient/guarantor of any applicable out of pocket and requests payment if applicable. Accurately documents all information in the appropriate fields and or/account notes.
- Obtains all necessary authorizations for scheduled clinic visits and office based procedures and accurately documents all information in the appropriate fields and/or account notes.
- Organizes, prioritizes and reviews daily work activity to ensure completion of assigned workload.
- Courteously answers telephone and/or emails and answers all questions in a timely manner. Maintains a positive working relationship with patients/guarantors, insurance companies, clinical personnel, co-workers, and management to promote teamwork, cooperation, and a positive public image for PCH.
- Participates in a variety of unit and hospital educational programs to maintain current skill and competency levels.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.