The Medical Education Program Administrator is responsible for the day to day operations of designated education training program(s) at Phoenix Children's Hospital. This position works independently under the supervision of the Program Director and Director of Medical Education to manage the training program's administrative activities and ensure compliance with accreditation requirements.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Program Administration and Accreditation
- Coordinate and oversee all required committee meetings including the Program Evaluation Committee, Clinical Competency Committee and Scholarly Oversight Committee meetings. Complete required annual reports including Milestones, Annual Program Evaluation, ACGME ADS Update, AHCCCS GME report and other reports as assigned. Develop and utilize system to track educational data required for the ACGME 10-year Self Study site visit. Analyze and organize data to generate reports as required by institutional and accreditation agencies, ensuring compliance with designated timelines. Track and monitor trainees progress. Work with the Program Director and/or Program Chief(s) to design and implement yearly rotation schedule and vacation schedules. Manage attendance including communicating trainee absences to the appropriate schedulers and record in academic file.
- Manage all aspects of the recruitment process including advertising, answering applicant questions, web page content, ERAS database management or other application system, and monitoring and approving applications. Coordinate and oversee multi-day interview events and logistics. Organize and administer ranking meetings for the selection of applicants for match lists. Work with Program Director to submit rank list to NRMP or other matching program, in accordance with national deadlines and policies. Ensure all annual credentialing and other hospital and Department requirements are met for each trainee in the program.
New Hire Onboarding, Orientation and Graduation
- Ensure all provisioning requests are completed in a timely manner for incoming class, including documentation required by Human Resources and Department of Medical Education. Assist Director of Medical Education in developing orientation for incoming trainees, including faculty and presentations, computer training sessions and policy overview. Develop and maintain program policies and handbook in accordance with institutional policies. Plan all resident/fellow graduation activities and other department events as directed by the Chairman and Program Director. Ensure all annual credentialing/licensing and other hospital and department requirements are met for each trainee in program.
- Prepare annual program budget. Track annual program expenses and provide quarterly reports to the Director of Medical Education.
- Prepare schedule for rotating residents and medical students. Communicate rotation approvals with the appropriate staff in the Department of Medical Education. Coordinate rotation orientation and ensure completion of evaluations for rotating residents and medical students.
- Initiate requests for Program Letters of Agreements (PLAs) with Department of Medical Education for resident/fellow rotations, away rotations and electives. Perform annual audit ensuring all PLA's are current and in effect.
- Input and manage all required program data in the New Innovations database. Perform regular audits in New Innovations to confirm all required data is accurate and up to date.
- Administer and oversee proctoring required for annual examinations. Maintain security of all materials and assure compliance with the outlined procedures. Order and return all testing materials in a timely manner.
- Serve as a program liaison with faculty, staff and hospital personnel. May serve as Program Director designee, in his/her absence.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.