Posting Note: Keywords: Director, Patient and Family Centered Care, Child Life, Family Services, Patient Family Experience, Director of Child Life
The Director, Patient and Family Centered Care is responsible for the strategic oversight of the division of Patient and Family Centered Care (PFCC) and acts as the enterprise champion dedicated to creating a world-class culture of excellence, supporting not only a superior experience for patients and families but also a satisfying and energizing working environment for staff and providers. The Director, Patient and Family Centered Care must be able to lead "Transformational Change" and establish and integrate structure(s) to assess customer experience. These enterprise-wide efforts include creating and developing programs that insure an improved patient experience throughout the organization. The Director of Patient and Family Centered Care provides strategic oversight and direction to several key departments and/or programs that are critical to executing on this vision, such as Child Life, The Zone, One Darn School, The Emily Center, Patient Education and Health Information, and Family Advisory Councils.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- a.Develops operational plans, initiatives, budgets and programs that support the implementation of the patient experience strategy at the enterprise and operational unit level.
- b.Create, monitor and analyze assigned budgets and address variances with action plans
- c.Manage and meet productivity metric and variances for departments and programs assigned to PFCC division
- d.Manage grant funding and accounts to ensure proper usage of funds
- e.Ensure capital planning for division of PFCC
- f.Ensure expenses are managed
Human Resource Management
- a.Identify staffing needs for departments and programs, develop action plans to meet these needs as warranted, including the addition of other sites within the enterprise.
- b.Manage human resources within the scope of labor laws and hospital policies.
- c.Apply recruitment techniques and strategies to fill vacancies
- d.Apply individual and team interview techniques to select qualified applicants
- e.Develop, oversee and evaluate onboarding process and content for leaders and staff within departments and programs
- f.Conduct staff evaluations, assist staff with setting goals, implement continual performance development, initiate corrective actions and terminate staff as needed
- g.Ensure staff have the appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their jobs and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines
- a.Identify ways to improve the patient and family experiences throughout the enterprise and perform observations to sustain best practices through programs including purposeful rounding
- b.Collaborates with Quality and Enterprise Services and a variety of departments to ensure care is consistently patient-centered by partnering with care givers to exceed the expectations of patients and families
- c.Identify national best practice service excellence and patient centered care strategies to enhance the patient experience; Monitors national and local trends to identify how the top performing hospitals identify and maintain success
- d.Measure effectiveness of customer service strategies and implement improvements. Monitor patient/client satisfaction data and establishes strategies to achieve strong scores in experience and loyalty. Provide information to appropriate staff. Oversee the education and management of patient experience data.
- e.Create and track customer experience metrics and related management dashboards
- a.Develop patient experience strategies to build a culture of excellence leading to enhanced customer experience and loyalty across the enterprise
- b.In collaboration with executive leadership, develop strategies to integrate the voice of the patient and family into daily operations and strategic initiatives to continuously adjust to demand expectations to enable best in class experiences throughout the organization
- c.In partnership with other leaders, develop, implement and/or lead key initiatives to provide high quality human experiences for patients, families and staff
- d.Accountable for strategic goals and project outcomes for division of PFCC
- e.Assure services are in place to address special needs of patients and families.
- f.In collaboration with other leaders, ensure an expedited process of problem resolution and service recovery for solving customer issues that get escalated.
- g.Ensure that customers' needs are taken into account in all key decisions
- h.Contribute to a culture of innovation to drive change and improvement
Leadership and Training
- a.Provide oversight, leadership and technical direction to the subordinate managers and staff across the functional areas and organizational units within PFCC division
- b.Lead change management efforts as they relate to PFCC
- c.Oversee patient advisory teams/councils.
- d.Lead New Employee Orientation initiatives regarding PFCC
- e.Act as key leader in coaching and training for patient experience programs or initiatives.
- f.Anticipate the needs of the patient and the family to ensure services are structured to attain an optimal experience for clients/patients and families.
- g.Oversee and update rights and responsibilities of patients and families and the patient handbook
Relationship Management and Influencing Behaviors
- a.Develop relationships across the enterprise necessary to communicate and carry out patient experience strategies and operational plans
- b.Collaborate and manage relationships with senior executives and operations staff, as well as the Foundation, donors and corporate partners of Phoenix Children’s Hospital
- c.Coordinate with multiple departments throughout the organization to promote and support the needs of patient and families
- d.Identify issues that require immediate attention and apply principles of crisis management to handle situations as needed
- e.Influence other leaders through role modeling good communication and professional behavior; apply motivational theory and act as a change agent; assist others in problem solving skills
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.