The Supply Chain Technician assists with ordering, receiving, stocking, and distribution of all pharmaceuticals and supplies and proactively manage specific aspects of the Charge Master and Drug Inventory Files. This position actively participates in the development and maintenance of department information systems and reports. The Supply Chain Technician continuously monitors stock levels in accordance with established policies, standards, and accrediting and regulatory licensing requirements. This position reports directly to the Manager of Pharmacy Business Services and receives supervision from the Chief of Pharmacy Services, the Senior Manager of Pharmacy Services, and Clinical Pharmacy Manager. This position does not supervise any other position.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Performs the essential function of the Pharmacy Buyer to support Department and Hospital goals.
- Creates and places daily orders for pharmaceutical products, IV solutions, medications, and supplies.
- Actively receives and stocks the orders and distributes items in accordance with established replenishment levels.
- Continuously monitors and returns outdated medications to vendors.
Assists with overall inventory management.
- Completes regularly scheduled area inspections, in a timely manner, for removal of recalled and outdated medications prior to expiration.
- Verifies medication cycle-counts are completed in accordance with established department policies.
Assists and maintains Charge Description Master File requests and charge related requests.
- Ensures that products are loaded correctly in the Pharmacy Information System, inventory management software, and other information systems.
Processes departmental charges for floor stock and patient chargeable floor stock items and maintains the Interdepartmental Transfer Journal.
- Promptly enters patient specific charges..
- Promptly completes the Interdepartmental Transfer Journal.
Assists in the development and Maintenance of daily charge reports for department revenue and charges.
- Develops and maintains a charge and reporting process.
- Actively reviews reports for overstated/understated revenues.
- Proactively identifies and corrects rejected charges.
- Assists the Pharmacy Buyer and proactively suggests recommendations for alternative product selections and/or increased efficiencies to assist reduce operating expenses through reduction in prices and maximizing contract savings.
Maintains and prepares pharmacy supply chain and value analysis reports as requested.
- Produces and reviews daily inventory report from inventory management system and proactively verifies and adjusts inventory outliers.
- Actively works with Pharmacy Business Manager to produce and review Value Analysis initiatives.
Assists with a Bar Code Medication Administration System (BCMA).
- Actively participates in system development.
- Implements systems and work flows to support a BCMA System.
- Maintains files used by BCMA system including bar code files.
Develops, demonstrates and maintains a current knowledge of supply chain processes.
- Recommends workflow improvements to increase productivity of pharmacy and hospital staff.
- Identifies and actively improves pharmacy supply chain workflows.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.