Posting Note: We have several Medical Assistant positions: Front and back office (or back office) positions open in the Phoenix Metro Area. Some positions require travel between 2or 3 clinics; other positions will only require you to work in one location. We have positions working with our specialty clinics and our Well Clinics. Location: Phoenix, Tempe, Chandler, Gilbert, Scottsdale, Avondale, and Mesa Schedule: Monday –Friday 8:00 – 5:00 Requirements: For Specialty Clinics (i.e. Plasatic Surgery, Neurology, Rheumatology) Your Medical Assistant Diploma and your RMA or CMA Certification or 5 or more years of work experience. For Well Clinics, a Medical Assistant Diploma and pediatric experience is preferred for all positions. Please submit your resume and indicate the location you would like to work at, if you are willing to travel and your years of MA work experience. Please ensure that you have the correct email address and phone number to contact you.
This position works under the direction of a licensed health care professional and performs various clinical and administrative tasks for the assigned area.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- As directed by a physician, performs or assists with procedures such as electrocardiogram, pulmonary function, suture and staple removal, dressing changes, and others.
- Collects laboratory specimens (including blood specimens), performs point of care testing, and disposes of bio-hazardous materials.
- Demonstrates infection control standards related to hand washing and standard precautions.
- Prepares and administers medications, communicates telephone prescriptions to pharmacies, and processes medication refills as directed by a physician.
- Prepares and instructs patients about examinations, diagnostic tests, medications, special diets, and health maintenance.
- Records and communicates patient related information, including vital signs, growth parameters, medical histories, signs, and symptoms, to the physician or licensed health care provider.
- Removes sutures and changes dressings.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.