This postion provides general supervison for assigned staff to ensure daily technical operations, achieve and comply with established operating budget, quality control, inventory management and regulatory standards. This position receives managerial review of completed work activities from the laboratory manager. This position supervises laboratory staff.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Develops and maintains policies and guidelines; employs policies and procedures, regulatory guidelines, and professional standards to validate current practice requirements and support of overall organizational values and mission.
- Ensures adherence to departmental operating and capital budgets.
- Maintains professional and technical competency in all aspects of laboratory technology through constantly pursuing knowledge and self-improvement and remaining apprised of current trends, developments and awareness of latest technology and practices to improve outcomes.
- Participates in hospital and department operational and quality improvement initiatives; proactively evaluates systems, practices; assists, creates and implements changes to increase and enhance the effectiveness of the operations. Also, participates in organizational committees as pertinent.
- Performs patient testing, quality control testing, and instrument maintenance procedures to ensure ongoing compliance with policies, regulations and safety guidelines for safe work practices.
- Supervises daily technical operations of laboratory section by monitoring quality and effectiveness of workflow, problem resolution and trouble shooting issues, and/or processes to ensure optimum efficiency and compliance with all regulatory and licensing requirements.
- Supervises work activities of assigned staff to ensure achievement of established goals, objectives and outcomes; provides guidance, mentoring and direction as appropriate for ongoing staff development.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.