Department: Interventional Radiology
Category: Radiology/Imaging Svcs
Posting #: 529457
Date Posted: 9/29/2020
Employee Type: Regular
This position performs radiographic procedures for interventional studies in specialized areas.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- This position receives supervision of work activities from the Mgr, Diagnostic Imaging and this position does not supervise any other position.
- Coordinates daily work schedule with Radiologists and responds to emergencies as they occur.
- Demonstrates competency in use of all applicable aspects of the RIS and PACS.
- Orders, maintains, and understands the use and function of all ancillary equipment used in both diagnostic and therapeutic examinations.
- Participates in continuing education. Trains with IV team prior to performing venous punctures. Takes certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support.
- Perform venous punctures and maintains central venous line during examination. Is prepared to administer C.P.R. Operates radiographic equipment to produce angiographic, digital, and other specialized images.
- Performs duties of Team Leader in his or her absence.
- Performs follow-up observation and monitoring until patients leave the department.
- Performs hemodynamic monitoring duties, which includes set-up and maintenance of transducer, physiological data recorder, ECG monitor, oxymetry, digital cardiac outputs, and peripheral vascular recorders.
- Performs image manipulation according to department protocol.
- Performs on-call duties and work variable shifts as assigned to meet department needs.
- Performs quality control checks on equipment and ensures that proper procedures are followed.
- Performs radiographic procedures for interventional studies. Prepares patients for procedures. Explains procedures. Injects approved medications under the direct presence and supervision of Radiologists performing diagnostic and therapeutic IR procedures.
- Teaches use of IR equipment and procedures to staff. Performs research projects under the direction of Radiologists or Section Chiefs.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.