Posting Note: -Must have experience in posting medical payments from insurance carriers -Must understand the ERA process -Must understand how to read an EOB -2 years minimum experience
This position maintains the integrity of cash and A/R transactions to ensure maximum efficiency and accuracy of accounts receivable balances. This position also inputs payment and adjustment data into patient accounts, processes electronic remittances, and maintains petty cash and ensures that work is in compliance with all cash related procedures and financial control policies set by the finance department.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Identifies and posts all unidentified payments
- Investigates cash posting problems related to system applications and reports to lead. Provides input for process improvement whenever possible.
Maintains system integrity during reconciliation process to ensure proper balancing occurs on batches posted.
- Posts contractual adjustments in accordance with third party contract.
Processes and applies of all daily cash receipts, non-cash transactions, A/R adjustments, denials, write offs, and refunds.
- Processes refunds as part of the daily posting process
Reconciles unidentified and misapplied cash on a daily and monthly basis
- Reviews and applies all cash application related correspondence
- Updates and maintains all daily, monthly, and lockbox cash reports as assigned by lead
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.