This position manages the Value Analysis program, through collaboration with Senior leadership, Medical Staff, clinical staff and vendors, in conjunction with Process Optimization, to achieve cost savings by focusing on supply standardization, utilization, and process improvements to seek high quality and cost effective products and services with maximum supply investment value. This position will promote and utilize value analysis in the decision making process for the selection and sourcing of supplies and suppliers, The position develops and maintains collaborative interactions with key stakeholders to ensure effective, results-oriented outcomes.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Lead the Value Analysis process for Phoenix Children`s Hospital
- Helps to identify products and services to maximize cost savings while maintaining quality patient care.
Sourcing and approval of substitute products
- Works with clinicians, distributors and manufacturers to develop appropriate product substitutions and then assists the Purchasing and Distribution staff with alternate sourcing options when issues arise with product availability or supplier services
Assists in the development of cost management programs
- Interacts with appropriate clinical and operational leaders to develop, coordinate, and integrate cost management programs into service lines by assisting with program development, data collection and analysis, implementation, monitoring and follow-up. In collaboration with Process Optimization, leads Value Analysis teams to meet service line objectives and ensure effective implementation of new processes and/or products through the organization.
Standardizations and improved utilization
- Leads efforts to maximize cost savings through standardization and improved utilization of supplies, including physician preference items, through the Value Analysis process and completes and submits appropriate reports, as required, on a timely basis
Conversion implementation coordination
- Manages the supply conversion and implementation process to maximize compliance with the GPO and any Affiliate contract portfolio
Maintain industry knowledge currency
- Maintains knowledge of the latest clinical practices and products related to areas of focus. Participates in external, health care industry group meetings and councils, as needed, to keep abreast of clinical products and practices
Identifies and implements cost saving opportunities
- Proactively identifies cost savings opportunities using available resources, i.e., available Spend Analytics Programs, Affiliate contracts, and standard value analysis methodology. In collaboration with Process Optimization, develop strategies and identify process improvements that are focused on substantial supply/service cost reduction, standardization and utilization, while maintaining or enhancing quality.
Value Analysis activity documentation and reports
- Tracks and communicates results; analyzes the variance in actual usage and costs against predicted-expected outcomes; coordinates the determination and resolution of issues effecting achievement of established objectives; and seeks consensus and approval in accordance with established procedures
- Works directly with physician leadership to build and sustain support of the Value Analysis process
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.